Front pads

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Front Pads

The four compounds include RS, DC, DS-1 and DS-2.

• RS is a sinter compound, perfect for trackday and club racing but can also be used on the street. RS is made for thermal stability, which means no fade at higher temperatures and a very firm brake lever.
  • DC is a carbon compound, which means a smooth initial bite and a very manageable progressive feel. DC is made using NRS technology which SBS spearheaded back in 2001. NRS eliminates the use of glue and creates a virtually unbreakable bond between the friction material and the backing plate.
  • DS-1 and DS-2 are industry-leading in performance and durability. DS-1 has a strong initial bite with a linear friction curve where DS-2 has a lower initial bite but a progressive friction curve. DS-1 and DS-2 can be combined by running a set of each for a fine-tuned brake feel.
RS seem cheap for the tech info
SBS 960RS Racing Sinter Brake Pads *2 Pairs* BMW S1000RR XR 1250GS RT 2019>

s-l640.jpg

• [*=center]
    s-l640.jpg
    " src="https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ndYAAOSwb19fbgbx/s-l640.jpg" style="margin: auto; padding: 0px; box-sizing: border-box; border-style: none; position: absolute; inset: 0px; max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%;">

?50.66
FAST & FREE

• Get it by Monday, 22 Mar from Filton, Bristol

• ?? New condition
  • ?? 30 day returns - Buyer pays return postage | Returns policy

2 Pairs of SBS Racing Sinter Brake Pads 960RS. S1000RR 2019>. R1250 GS 2019>. R1250 GS Adventure 2019>. R1250 RT 2019> (Inc Sport). I started trading in 2015 as C&W Performance. As a biker, I wanted to create a one stop website for all of your riding needs.
Read full description
See details and exclusions

Last edited:
Re: Front Pads

The four compounds include RS, DC, DS-1 and DS-2.

• RS is a sinter compound, perfect for trackday and club racing but can also be used on the street. RS is made for thermal stability, which means no fade at higher temperatures and a very firm brake lever.
  • DC is a carbon compound, which means a smooth initial bite and a very manageable progressive feel. DC is made using NRS technology which SBS spearheaded back in 2001. NRS eliminates the use of glue and creates a virtually unbreakable bond between the friction material and the backing plate.
  • DS-1 and DS-2 are industry-leading in performance and durability. DS-1 has a strong initial bite with a linear friction curve where DS-2 has a lower initial bite but a progressive friction curve. DS-1 and DS-2 can be combined by running a set of each for a fine-tuned brake feel.
RS seem cheap for the tech info
SBS 960RS Racing Sinter Brake Pads *2 Pairs* BMW S1000RR XR 1250GS RT 2019>

s-l640.jpg

• [*=center]
    s-l640.jpg
    " src="https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ndYAAOSwb19fbgbx/s-l640.jpg" style="margin: auto; padding: 0px; box-sizing: border-box; border-style: none; position: absolute; inset: 0px; max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%;">

?50.66
FAST & FREE

• Get it by Monday, 22 Mar from Filton, Bristol

• ?? New condition
  • ?? 30 day returns - Buyer pays return postage | Returns policy

2 Pairs of SBS Racing Sinter Brake Pads 960RS. S1000RR 2019>. R1250 GS 2019>. R1250 GS Adventure 2019>. R1250 RT 2019> (Inc Sport). I started trading in 2015 as C&W Performance. As a biker, I wanted to create a one stop website for all of your riding needs.
Read full description
See details and exclusions

I have literally just bought the 960RS. Apparently they offer an improved version now, the 960RST?
Hopefully i can give some feedback after the 2nd of April which is my first TD this year. I went for them because they were pretty cheap and I wanted a pad that i could still use on the road. My last pads were Brembo SCs. I did 5 days on them last year and maybe 800 miles on the road and they have about 1mm of material left. While i liked their performance I was surprised how quickly they died. If the RS last as long but are cheaper i'll be happy.

Pads are like tyres, a lot is down to preference and two things you want to work well for you.
I?ve read some good reviews on them but that?s not to say they?re going to suit me. But I won?t know until I try.
It could be just me, but Imo be at this level it?s difficult to get a pad that strikes a balance on road and on track with good life.

Pads are like tyres, a lot is down to preference and two things you want to work well for you.
I?ve read some good reviews on them but that?s not to say they?re going to suit me. But I won?t know until I try.
It could be just me, but Imo be at this level it?s difficult to get a pad that strikes a balance on road and on track with good life.
Not really.

There are best in class if you happy to spend money and there is everything else.

Then what can you recommend for a pad that can hold it's own on track and work on the road. Money no object.
Nothing really.

Two orthogonal use cases when it comes to working temperature. I guess this is one of those where you have to find a balance: a good performance on street vs. short life or/and mediocre performance on track. (but again, it's not so straight forward as also depends on your pace on track)

I liked them but they produced so much crap

I've fitted the SBS pads and my initial impressions are they seem to offer a lot more bite than the Brembo SC. On the road they have a good feel and feel like they have more power than the SC. But i will say the caveat is the Brembos were worn. Not dead, but probably had 1 day left on them on track. But even so when they were new they didn't offer the same bite.

I have a track day next week and that will be the test. I need to adjust my MC so it is more progressive (Galespeed) i am not a fan of brakes that instantly bite. And i am sure once i adjust the ratio they will offer a more progressive feel. I'll keep you updated.

SBS makes lots of compounds, without saying which one it's like a shot in the dark

Back