Second Lithium Dead

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I asked the question, got a reply from Steve @ gammatronnix, stating that they sell a specific model for Lithium batteries, it will not however work on any battery except Lithium..it's the same price ?14.95

Mine are across the batteries. I?ve had mine for a decade or more. J

Hi Stuart, were you having battery trouble before you switched to the new Lithium one?

Something I've always wondered about is that the Lithium batteries need special mains chargers because of their tech (they seem to be very sensitive to over or under voltage and charge rate), but then we put them in vehicles (both bikes & cars) that don't have any special charging circuits.

Just a thought, but perhaps your charging circuit is out of spec for a Lithium but would be OK for a lead acid battery.
Brand new Noco Rob, bought it at the same time as that first Bluetooth Shido arrived..

I ended up a 4 battery charger household..now 3 as I gave Amit my wee Oxford job.

The Noco will charge everything from Lead Acid, Glass Mat to Lithium, cost 50 quid which is OK..

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Success, the reg/rec was definitely fucked, stuck my MM on it when I pulled it off, the readings were all over the shop, a gubbed diode for sure.

Picked up new reg/rec today 130 quid OE..managed to fit it with everything in situ (it is possible).. the readings are spot on !... it's a bugger of a job but worth it when I seen 14 plus on the MM...
78de1fd11c77d22d0e0c75c346222171.jpg
4d0f3868b8192bea92728e16026a513c.jpg
499b9bf183e2644724cdce97c6675b2e.jpg
4ca5e9c7e25f5a00526128f4c46b14bf.jpg
862e16ec48e5d87b9f867cd38fec14f7.jpg
a73b9294eeeacc70e2801eecec02455e.jpg

Just bought NOCO Genius 1 35squid Halfords, common Batts + Lithium, 6/12v Does what it says on the tin. Removed crocodile clips and used the rest as a fly wire to permanently fix on Batt for a plug in...

Just bought NOCO Genius 1 35squid Halfords, common Batts + Lithium, 6/12v Does what it says on the tin. Removed crocodile clips and used the rest as a fly wire to permanently fix on Batt for a plug in...

Thats exactly what I done, the leads and clips look and feel pretty good quality.. I never noticed the leads detached from the Crocs at first glance..

Thats exactly what I done, the leads and clips look and feel pretty good quality.. I never noticed the leads detached from the Crocs at first glance..

Neither did I until i bought it. Was looking at accessories for the fly wire until I opened it lol. I did see one that constantly showed the state of the battery that could be useful.

Well done Stuart. Glad you got it sorted.
Looks a bit fiddly to get the Reg/Rec out - bendy screwdriver and tiny fingers needed by looks of it.
Bugger of a job, Jamie's idea would work with the subframe but I was stubborn and knew I'd get if in if I persevered...

Back