S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys
Within hopefully 4 weeks planning to buy new bike . My head is absolutely melted lol. I'm thinking between r1 big bang, zx10r 4gen or s1000rr 2gen.
Any opinions , pros and cons of BMW?
What is price of valve clearance in UK, servicing , reliability etc?
I've Heard some bad reports of engine failures, shitty clutch or gear boxes ... mostly in gen 1 and 2. Is that true?
Thanks in advance

Hello Maniek, BMW's are all perfect. You heard wrong :p

In all seriousness, each model has had its foibles and the warranty has usually seen most rectified under that. Some cams wore prematurely, some gearbox star drives broke and some neutrals are hard to find...but I wouldn't call it endemic.

Coming from a 14B R1 to a Gen2 S1000RR all I can say is they are both completely different. The BMW is easier to ride, sharper in all areas, better around town, slightly better on fuel but lacks character. The R1 sound is amazing, more comfortable for longer rides but has a grabby clutch and if not flashed/mapped the throttle is very on/off. If you make the effort the R1 is a great bike but the BMW is great from the word go.

Back