New bike day... and new member!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmc12

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Not the best weather today to take delivery of a new bike (well, pretty new - 560 miles ex demo) but very pleased to join the fold nonetheless. First time owner of a BMW, before this I've had 3 Hondas (two blades, one CBR650) and a Ducati (Scrambler Cafe Racer). Test rode a gen 4 S1000RR last year and was blown away by how good it was. My 2019 Blade SP was a nice bike, but the BMW was just so ruthlessly competent on the road - and so easy to go fast - that it's remained in my mind ever since. Had to test ride an RSV4 first to realise I didn't want one of those instead (sounded incredible, but preposterously stiff and v unpredictable throttle) - but once I'd done that I was always coming back to the S1000RR.

Will be using it for road and track - a couple of initial questions:

After easily connecting my phone first time, I then went into Race mode and it disconnected. Have been entirely flummoxed at getting the bluetooth connection to connect again since. Any tricks on this?

What mode do people who've tracked these tend to use? Custom race pro mode, or just stick it in race? Not sure how much traction control you get in normal race mode? One of the reasons to get this bike was that I want it to look after me so definitely would like to be as highside proof as poss!

Once I get approved I'll post pics!

Welcome to the forum, great machine you have there....... Ditto: I had Blades for 8 years and loved them, my RR9 was a revelation and still the best all round bike I've owned, every department was top notch especially THAT engine.

One of the Mods will approve your membership.. might be worth considering joining proper as a premier member, you'll get the meagre cost back on your first purchase from a forum Sponsor.. plus you have access to the workshop manuals etc..

Cheerz

Stu

Last edited:
Thanks Stu, good tip re the premium membership. Always worth it.

Welcome....have fun exploring the gen 4 section and look forward to the pics!

Have signed up as a premium member so here are those pics!

Attachments

• IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0165.jpg
    IMG_0165.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0167.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
    929.1 KB · Views: 33
Good lord I wish I could store mine in such a flimsey way. I need a steel cage and armed guard!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks for supporting the forum dmc.... what mods do u have planned for the bike??

My brother has got a trade arrangement with R&G so some bungs, engine case sliders and fork protectors will go on - then the obligatory tail tidy, double bubble screen and a brake lever guard to get me on track this year!

Back