Swingarm powdercoat

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMD6319

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I have removed my swing arm tonight, for the purpose of powder coating. Still unsettled to the choice of colour. Currently it is the silver type, I am contemplating to opt for black, to match the frame colour. Has anyone powder coated the swing arm and what colour did you opt for. Also did you change the bearings at the same time.

Picked up my swingarm today, after being powder coated. The colour is a nice match to the subframe. Decided to change the bearings, but believe they were ok, but how often do we remove and access the swinarm spindle. Painted the protectors pink. Ordered a 3D SP spec chain.

Look forward to seeing a picture...not something that many do as you can tell by the responses to the 'anyone done it?' question!

Echo what Alex says in looking forward to the pics? Which year of bike did you do this on?

Echo what Alex says in looking forward to the pics? Which year of bike did you do this on?
Its a 2011. Ive been working on the whole bike, over the last 2 months. By no means have I got any mechanical experience, but I have the knowledge of the web. Powder coated my wheels. Told painter to ensure the temperature was as per specs 250degs F.

ive done it on previous bikes, even had extra bits of bracing fit on a gixer once. i all ways change bearings if there left in for powder coating on swing arms and wheels. looking forward to seeing yours too. :)

By no means have I got any mechanical experience, but I have the knowledge of the web. Powder coated my wheels. Told painter to ensure the temperature was as per specs 250degs F.

he'll love being told how to do his job ;)

he'll love being told how to do his job ;)
:beaten::beaten:.Yeah im sure he has more knowledge of how to carry out correctly. Ive got carbon fibre wheels, had them for years, every time I get new tyres, there's always a gentle reminder to regulate the clamping force down on the machine. :calm::calm:. You can never tell a mans experience by his appearance.:concern::concern:.
As we all say "it will be fine".

:beaten::beaten:.Yeah im sure he has more knowledge of how to carry out correctly. Ive got carbon fibre wheels, had them for years, every time I get new tyres, there's always a gentle reminder to regulate the clamping force down on the machine. :calm::calm:. You can never tell a mans experience by his appearance.:concern::concern:.
As we all say "it will be fine".

cant say i've ever regulated the pressure on my tyre machine,nor heard of anyone else,can only assume you mean by altering the inlet regulator (but then if it's enough to hold carbon wheels,will be enough to hold any others so why not leave it there all the time?),but honestly i'd be more worried it didn't hold enough and spin on the table when mounting the tyre,if they are happy for you tell them thier job then fair do's i know what i'd be saying though....

cant say i've ever regulated the pressure on my tyre machine,nor heard of anyone else,can only assume you mean by altering the inlet regulator (but then if it's enough to hold carbon wheels,will be enough to hold any others so why not leave it there all the time?),but honestly i'd be more worried it didn't hold enough and spin on the table when mounting the tyre,if they are happy for you tell them thier job then fair do's i know what i'd be saying though....
To be honest, when I purchased the wheels, I was told, more damage is done during tyre change as the clamping force is higher, Now that ive read your reply, ive viewed a few YouTube clips. Your right there is no difference.
Thats why we join forums, for advice and guidance.
Cheers.

Back