2021 Nissin Callipers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting and look the same to me aside from the different finish and colour.

Will these be getting swapped out for the hayes units in the form of a recall or is it only the us market getting them changed?

In the US there is an active swap programme. The Nissin's replace the Hayes.

The UK/EU does not have the same programme.

But, I believe all bikes made from Q2 '21 will come with the black Nissin's

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Do you know if they will do a like for like replacement here if your calliper starts leaking or go to these new Nissan?
TBF even though the reliability has been hit and miss with Hayes, I still prefer the braking performance over the previous gen Brembo.

Really dont know how they can say a part is not fit for purpose in one region and must be swapped out but absolutely fine in another.

Same but blue is anodized. I still cannot believe that BMW did not use Brembo calipers (ex M4).
I suspect both Hayes and Nissin agreed to write BMW on the calipers where Brembo wouldn't.

In the US there is an active swap programme. The Nissin's replace the Hayes.

The UK/EU does not have the same programme.

But, I believe all bikes made from Q2 '21 will come with the black Nissin's

Yea I wonder if this is because of shiet European consumer protection laws...

I wud love to have free stuff

The US seem to have always been better with the recalls, even on the cars front.

Jury should be out till these calipers have been tested. Nissin don't have the best rep.

My bike is currently in for two recalls, the wiring loom and the cylinder head, I've asked them to also look at the brakes as they bind at low speeds and also when I pull up and then push the bike backwards its like the brake is stuck on. No its not the hill start activated either, it feels like it but it isn't. There is definitely something wrong with my brakes though

My bike is currently in for two recalls, the wiring loom and the cylinder head, I've asked them to also look at the brakes as they bind at low speeds and also when I pull up and then push the bike backwards its like the brake is stuck on. No its not the hill start activated either, it feels like it but it isn't. There is definitely something wrong with my brakes though

hey nothing wrong with your brakes, I had this once at Jerez. What happens is that inner rear braking pad doesn't sit properly on a guide rail (or whatever its called) and binds the disk.

Nothing wrong with brakes, altho one can I argue its a shiet design of rear caliper by Brembo.

Just take the rear wheel off, take the caliper off and make sure both pads sit correctly.

Last edited:
My bike is in the garage. I'll let them know this week when they call and tell them what you've said. Mine does feel like the front brake though and not the rear

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

My bike is in the garage. I'll let them know this week when they call and tell them what you've said. Mine does feel like the front brake though and not the rear

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

would be surprised if its front

Back