2021 Nissin Callipers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GavD101

Reaction score
I have seen on Insta (Yes i know, not the best place for news). But it looks like the 2021 S1000RR model has dropped the Hayes callipers and has Nissin. They're very similar to the M callipers but look cast. According to the post, all non RR models get Brembo and the S1000RR gets Nissin You can see more here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CMJEm6MgGgl/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Here they are
16f491e809d85dc1b20e8b20931aa24e.jpg

Love how some people think they are getting the same caliper as the M1000RR.

I suspect all they will share is the brake pad shape.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Paint them blue and you'll never know the difference haha

You think so ?

Are Ms billet design ?

I doubt the materials are the same.

2021 Nissin Calipers

I wouldn?t be at all surprised if they are identical to the blue anodised, M branded calipers. There?s nothing particularly notable in the M1000RR press pack to suggest that the M brakes are anything special. This was probably just the quickest product that BMW could get homologated and safety checked to replace the Hayes calipers. The M1000RR is all about new engine internals and aerodynamics in order to help the struggling WSBK and BSB teams and they will be ditching the M calipers anyway.

What makes me doubt is how 'next level' the Product Mgr says the M brakes are. When asked for something which sets the MRR apart he cited the brakes (and wings).

It might be marketing BS. And I know the M cars generally have crap brakes despite the tinsel...I'd just be surprised if all it was was an off the peg mass produced caliper in shiny paint.

There's also debate as to whether the MRR is 100 or 108mm. I've not looked into it just read the .com site.

Superstock still have to use the calipers.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if there were any differences with new calipers on the standard S1000RR calipers the M calipers. Perhaps the M uses a different pad compound over the standard S1000RR.

We pretty much know BMW released the M bike to be more competitive on the race circuit. (IMO it certainly isn't a bargain for the everyday punter) And it seems standard practice that teams will be junking the brake system when building their race bikes. So i am guessing it wouldn't make a lot of sense to develop two different types calipers.

BMW already have been using Nissin Forged calipers on their WSB bikes, so it looks like there is already a relationship there. I'd say these brakes have been in development for the last 18 months. Or as soon as BMW realised the Hayes reliability rate was becoming unsustainable.

There's also debate as to whether the MRR is 100 or 108mm. I've not looked into it just read the .com site.

Superstock still have to use the calipers.

In interview that I sent you, PM says they will fit K67, meaning it's 100mm offsets.

Yeah. That dickhead on .com seems to be going mental about 108...

defo different, one look billet one looks cast

not so sure myself tbh,obviously blue are anodised,but can't see any machining marks,but photo's aren't particulally clear so would have to be a hands on thing to know for sure (or a decent spec list...)

not so sure myself tbh,obviously blue are anodised,but can't see any machining marks,but photo's aren't particulally clear so would have to be a hands on thing to know for sure (or a decent spec list...)

theres just a few little sharper lines i think just about dose it for me, billet dosnt mean it needs sharp lines and machine marks.imo

theres just a few little sharper lines i think just about dose it for me, billet dosnt mean it needs sharp lines and machine marks.imo

but you would certainly expect machining marks ,they aren't so high end that they would rub that out,even through coating you will always see machine marks,but, like i said,picture isn't really clear enough to tell.

Back