Brake Cooling Ducts

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocS1000RR

Reaction score
Hi, anyone has put a pair of brake cooling ducts in his motorbike? Like this or similar.

Opinions to reduce fatigue/fading in brakes during track days.
7b99305acb76ddb21440f2e9be4075a9.jpg

Hi, anyone has put a pair of brake cooling ducts in his motorbike? Like this or similar.

Opinions to reduce fatigue/fading in brakes during track days.
7b99305acb76ddb21440f2e9be4075a9.jpg
Which model mate ? Gen3 ?

Alpha sells front fender that reduces temp on calipers by 30% and in addition you're better off getting gp4rx calipers.

Last edited:
Nah, completely false. Try riding mugello in 30C heat
I usually ride in Ricardo Tormo with 30C or more heat, and front brake always will go down after 4 laps, with brembo pr 19x18 master cilinder.

This conducts are for 2010-2018.

No but I do not think 95% of the riders need them.
Exactly this. Unless you're on the Moto GP grid, then these and wings are purely garage princess bling.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Adjust your lever [emoji1303]

Already fully out mate

It's nothing to do with lever.

Calipers get hot and are not being cooled properly and material they are built from is not dissipating heat good enough. Liquid gets hot - > lever travel. Even RBF700 doesn't help.

Air ducts / aerodynamic front fender / better calipers (gp4rx) is the only way to fix this.

And it has nothing to do with 95% of people or racing. Even at 2:10 pace at Mugello you will feel it

Already fully out mate

It's nothing to do with lever.

Calipers get hot and are not being cooled properly and material they are built from is not dissipating heat good enough. Liquid gets hot - > lever travel. Even RBF700 doesn't help.

Air ducts / aerodynamic front fender / better calipers (gp4rx) is the only way to fix this.

And it has nothing to do with 95% of people or racing. Even at 2:10 pace at Mugello you will feel it
Disagree, and I was doing 2:14 in 36? heat. Hey-ho.

You may notice a difference if you are on track when temperatures are high; at a circuit with heavy braking zones; and riding at a quick enough pace to start overheating the brake system. If you do fit a set and want to see if they are making any tangible difference, in addition to feel/travel at the lever, then just use a set of caliper temperature heat stickers to visually check.

I've got those exact same cooling ducts of aliexpress and will fit them soon. Beautifully made and prepreg carbon. Ultra light.

I'm a firm believer in ducts whether for track or out in the mountains. Even with Motul 660, your lever feel can change when pushing the bike hard. The mountains are the hardest on the brakes.

I've been running them since the 90's. Here's my TLR with some factory 916 Ducati scoops on. Everything seems to last longer with them.

IMG_4246D.jpeg

bmwbadboy what brake fluid are you using? I never have a brake fade problem when I use a good brake fluid (Castrol SRF) and pads (Vesrah SRJL XX or Brembo Z04). I USE my brakes and saw >650C in Misano when braking but the brake lever travel was very slightly effected. To be honest I never been in Mugello so I speak with my experience in close circuits where brakes are used more but not from 300+km/h.

screen12.jpg

Back