Thread: tyres for S1000 RR

Riding
    2010 acid green S1000rr

Re: tyres for S1000 RR

I like the Corsa2 as well

Riding
    S1000rr 2016 Black

+1 for the Pirelli Rosso corsa 2 for the road, but if doing a few trackdays I would say supercorsa are my preferred option as they offer better feel.

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

With the DRC2's don't get greedy with the size...stick to the 200/55. I tried the 200/60 and it's not for the RR.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alex For This Useful Post:

Oli

Riding
    HP4, F3 800

Quote Originally Posted by Yogi Bear View Post
    I have the Michelin Power RS on the bike now, I'm not to happy with them. I have done 2500 miles and the rear is on 3mm now.
    The M9RR is standing out
    So what are you after...mileage first ?. 3mm is good for another 10k miles !

Sent from this shitty wee phone

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stuartb For This Useful Post:

2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER oldwobbler's Avatar
    Riding
    19 msport

I've got zero complaints about the M9RR's which are currently on. Very good tyre.
    Punctuation - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldwobbler For This Useful Post:

Riding
    S1000RR sport 2018

I've always used the Bridgestone battlax tyres S20, S21 & now S22 for my 2016/2018 BMW S1000RRs. They are very good tyres for the road and as I do a bit of touring every year they work very well for all conditions. The only minor criticism is the front goes out of shape quickly at the end of it's tyre life makes handling a bit awkward and the back gets a flat spot nearing the end of it's tyre life, but this is to be considered and a replacement ready to be fitted.

I was in the same dilemma until I saw a good deal on demon tweaks website and stuck with Brisgestone again.
    https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/brid...ckage-2007197/
    Last edited by HPlogger; 8th March 2021 at 12:02 PM.

Riding
    2010 acid green S1000rr

just a note on wear, the bm came with bridgstones which were ok, switched to my favourite rosso corsas and eventually to 200/55 on the back. I've used these on track and on my gixxer they were good enough to find a slick shod track bike was holding me up, so no probs there. I've not done a track day on the 2s yet.
    But have to say they wear better, got 5k out of the last back one, current is down to 2mm after nearly 4k, so will have a new set went the weather gets better and before the next MOT in june. the front now has 1mm on it after 8.5k and will probably make 10k.
    by way of contrast corsa 1 would do 3-4k on the back and supacorsa (on R! 4xv, about2.5k)
    probably would have stuck a new set on earlier, but bike was in the garage for the last 3 months, and probably won't get much use until temp is above 10 degrees all day. but need a fresh set for a 2500 mile trip to spain in september. so will need to see how lock down easing goes, but hoping to do a tankfull tommorrow.

Riding
    15, S1KRR, Msport

M9RR ...cannot fault them, even in the Scottish 4 seasons in a day they perform well

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Balallan For This Useful Post:

Oli

I’ve had a couple of sets of Metzler and Bridgestone on mine from new and liked them all. The thing I’ve always found with the M7RR and M9RR is that in cold and wet weather from the off they inspire confidence and predicability. With other brands you have a nervous vague feeling until the tyre gets a bit of heat into it.
    The big question is did I notice a difference in the M7RR to the M9RR? Not really on the road anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to preynol1 For This Useful Post:

Oli

Riding
    15, S1KRR, Msport

I must admit Preynol i ask myself the same question with the M7RRs & M9RRs, it was only when the 7s were low on thread i started to feel them slip n slide about, but out of the wrapper i haven't noticed any difference yet on the road, but i thought the 7s were an ace Tyre anyway

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Balallan For This Useful Post: