tyres for S1000 RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
m7rr is shiet, they warm up slow they dont stick when warm
Compared to....? I thought they were excellent on road, and really surprised me on track (compared to the k3?s, the ideal choice if you ride to the track). The only ?problem? I had with the was the profile being too flat and the slower steering that resulted. But hey, they?re a road tyre! Just ordered a pair of the m9?s as all rounders. Fingers crossed!

its each to there own with tyres, people get different ideas and have different views, loved my m7's, had at least 6 sets over the years, all my mates run them too, on ktm's, gixers,R1's and blades. no issues at all. warm up quick and good handling on all kinds of crappy roads, im now on my 3rd set of m9's and they feel very much the same. not quite the confidence as the 7's in the wet but they have less tread pattern to clear water at higher lean angles.
just fit these yesterday on mine and the missis bikes. :)

rj8yEHE.jpg

been out on the m9's today, what a difference, on our bumpy roads they are much more stable at any angle. much more confidence inspiring. got a few more degrees straight away too. the power rs are very good but just dont suit the way i ride, the road conditions and the time of year for me anyway.

been out on the m9's today, what a difference, on our bumpy roads they are much more stable at any angle. much more confidence inspiring. got a few more degrees straight away too. the power rs are very good but just dont suit the way i ride, the road conditions and the time of year for me anyway.

Rich best price for two that u have found? Im
assuming u fit yourself??

M9rr update, all highly subjective, please add a pinch of salt. Had these now for a couple of weeks and they?re ok on the road. They seems to warm up quick, but don?t feel particularly quick steering running around 35/38 f/r. On the track though, running 31/31 they felt a bit overwhelmed. Both of them looked a little over heated, and the rear felt greasy and occasionally even slippy at lean. I couldn?t even get to the edge of the rear without it stepping out. I wouldn?t personally do a trackday on them again. M7?s were much much better on the track, but neither can touch the k3?s IMO.

Interesting stuff.
I have their sibbling tyre the DRC2. I've had some nerve inducing moments on track with them but put it down to track conditions (i.e. early in the day). But, once past that I found they had great drive grip (very little TC intervention) and would turn well, though I wasn't regularly into the 50's.

K3's also always seemed to have a moment (~40degrees) where the rear moved/changed angle which was unsettling. It was probably to help me lean more but did the opposite.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Interesting stuff.
I have their sibbling tyre the DRC2. I've had some nerve inducing moments on track with them but put it down to track conditions (i.e. early in the day). But, once past that I found they had great drive grip (very little TC intervention) and would turn well, though I wasn't regularly into the 50's.

K3's also always seemed to have a moment (~40degrees) where the rear moved/changed angle which was unsettling. It was probably to help me lean more but did the opposite.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
K3?s were giving me 57 deg and felt like more was possible.
M7?s around 52 deg but then felt a bit like a cliff edge.
M9?s no more than 46 without the rear stepping out or a horrible greasy slidey feel!
knee down at 47, so I did feel a bit cheated..
All track conditions dry and not cold.

Compared to....? I thought they were excellent on road, and really surprised me on track (compared to the k3?s, the ideal choice if you ride to the track). The only ?problem? I had with the was the profile being too flat and the slower steering that resulted. But hey, they?re a road tyre! Just ordered a pair of the m9?s as all rounders. Fingers crossed!
Compared to Rosso Corsa 2

Anyone tried the Dunlop Sportsmart 3's - I'm a dunlop fan so I've raced on these etc and always felt comfortable on them. Not keen on Pirelli or Metzler

Out on power 5's today, 7deg and dry, didn't feel at all comfortable. 5min 140 mph blast down the m-way to my house, glove off and they were decidedly cool temp still.

That's the last of the Portuguese fuel gone ....

Out on power 5's today, 7deg and dry, didn't feel at all comfortable. 5min 140 mph blast down the m-way to my house, glove off and they were decidedly cool temp still.

That's the last of the Portuguese fuel gone ....

random & off topic is the fuel quality good in portugal....going there in May. Noticed it looks like papa smurfs blood LOL

Fuel in Spain and Portugal has a dye added. One is purple and one is blue. It isn't harmful and is/was probably due to duty/tax.

My tank is brimmed with Portugese fuel atm...as we had so much spare at the end of the last trip thanks to the weather.

Last edited:
Back