tyres for S1000 RR

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yogi Bear

Reaction score
Hi
I'm looking to replace my tyres on the S1000 RR.
Im not sure which one of these three would be best, both around the same price. Fast road riding no track.

BridgestoneBattlax S22
or
Pirelli Diablo Rosso Supercorsa II
or
Metzeler Sportec M9RR

Any experience with these shoes?

Last edited:
Hi
I'm looking to replace my tyres on the S1000 RR.
Im not sure which one of these three would be best, both around the same price. Fast road riding no track.

BridgestoneBattlax S22
or
Pirelli Diablo Rosso Supercorsa II
or
Metzeler Sportec M9RR

Any experience with these shoes?
Rosso Corsa 2 are the best

I have the Michelin Power RS on the bike now, I'm not to happy with them. I have done 2500 miles and the rear is on 3mm now.
The M9RR is standing out

Prob not too relevant as I?m in Oz and apparently we get different rubber due to higher ambient temps...but, S22 have been the best tyre I?ve ever ridden on.

Not yet tried DRC2 (bad experience on the originals so I?ve shied away from the ?slipirellies ?) or any metzelers, but coming from different Dunlop?s and Power RS, these bridgestones shit all over what I?ve tried before (not a wet weather rider anymore so can?t comment on that aspect).

The problem with tyres is their use/feel is as unique as you are as a rider and bike combination. What works for you might not work for someone else. I've tried the same tyre spec on two different bikes in the past (think they were Battlax B10s, but can't remember). Worked brilliant on a 2002 ZX636, found them shit on a 2005 ZX636.

+1 for the Pirelli Rosso corsa 2 for the road, but if doing a few trackdays I would say supercorsa are my preferred option as they offer better feel.

With the DRC2's don't get greedy with the size...stick to the 200/55. I tried the 200/60 and it's not for the RR.

I have the Michelin Power RS on the bike now, I'm not to happy with them. I have done 2500 miles and the rear is on 3mm now.
The M9RR is standing out
So what are you after...mileage first ?. 3mm is good for another 10k miles !

Sent from this shitty wee phone

I've always used the Bridgestone battlax tyres S20, S21 & now S22 for my 2016/2018 BMW S1000RRs. They are very good tyres for the road and as I do a bit of touring every year they work very well for all conditions. The only minor criticism is the front goes out of shape quickly at the end of it's tyre life makes handling a bit awkward and the back gets a flat spot nearing the end of it's tyre life, but this is to be considered and a replacement ready to be fitted.

I was in the same dilemma until I saw a good deal on demon tweaks website and stuck with Brisgestone again.
https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/bridgestone-battlax-s22-motorcycle-tyre-package-2007197/

Last edited:
just a note on wear, the bm came with bridgstones which were ok, switched to my favourite rosso corsas and eventually to 200/55 on the back. I've used these on track and on my gixxer they were good enough to find a slick shod track bike was holding me up, so no probs there. I've not done a track day on the 2s yet.
But have to say they wear better, got 5k out of the last back one, current is down to 2mm after nearly 4k, so will have a new set went the weather gets better and before the next MOT in june. the front now has 1mm on it after 8.5k and will probably make 10k.
by way of contrast corsa 1 would do 3-4k on the back and supacorsa (on R! 4xv, about2.5k)
probably would have stuck a new set on earlier, but bike was in the garage for the last 3 months, and probably won't get much use until temp is above 10 degrees all day. but need a fresh set for a 2500 mile trip to spain in september. so will need to see how lock down easing goes, but hoping to do a tankfull tommorrow.

I?ve had a couple of sets of Metzler and Bridgestone on mine from new and liked them all. The thing I?ve always found with the M7RR and M9RR is that in cold and wet weather from the off they inspire confidence and predicability. With other brands you have a nervous vague feeling until the tyre gets a bit of heat into it.
The big question is did I notice a difference in the M7RR to the M9RR? Not really on the road anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must admit Preynol i ask myself the same question with the M7RRs & M9RRs, it was only when the 7s were low on thread i started to feel them slip n slide about, but out of the wrapper i haven't noticed any difference yet on the road, but i thought the 7s were an ace Tyre anyway

Back