Petrol consumption Gen4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E10 can ruin older fuel tanks and rubber hoses/seals. Most modern bikes are not affected. There should be a label on the tank to denote if E5/E10 is acceptable. Or something in the manual failing that. No BMW is affected. Not sure about MV's but yours is new so 99% sure it's fine.

I've got the manual right in front of me, nothing listed that I can see.. I'll look at the tank badges.. it's not really a thing just now is it ?

I've got the manual right in front of me, nothing listed that I can see.. I'll look at the tank badges.. it's not really a thing just now is it ?

Aprilia fuel tanks were notorious for swellling with use of Ethanol to the point where, if you lifted the tank, you'd not get it back without drilling out the fixing holes to fit the 'new' size! Would hope they've sorted that by now but worth checking the MV forums to see if they had similar issues?

I've found my Gen4 slightly worse than the gen3 on fuel consumption. It's only the range that bothers me, not the mpg. Since I've got a few miles on the Gen4 the range always says 160 when full. I'll get 110 -120 before the light comes on which is when I'd start to look for fuel on the gen3. So I'm more than happy with that. Considering what these bikes are and the power they are producing I think thats fairly incredible.

Back