Petrol consumption Gen4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsijay

Reaction score
just a observation really why the gen 4 is shit on fuel compared to the gen 3...both take around ?15 to fill from empty where as the gen 3 use to say range 155 miles..... the best it says on the gen 4 is 97 miles...........as it use 2 bars within 14 miles.........and other people say its night &day compared to the gen 3.....Where's I disagree......to me its not worth the extra money.......oh well we all make mistakes.....

You buy a RR and are concerned with fuel conservation?? Seriously??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Read the thread properly mate......"Observation.....comparing...

just a observation really why the gen 4 is shit on fuel compared to the gen 3...both take around ?15 to fill from empty where as the gen 3 use to say range 155 miles..... the best it says on the gen 4 is 97 miles...........as it use 2 bars within 14 miles.........and other people say its night &day compared to the gen 3.....Where's I disagree......to me its not worth the extra money.......oh well we all make mistakes.....

I was getting over 100 miles between tanks, similar to the hp4. I wouldn?t go off ?range? displayed, but actual miles/?.

Just wait until we start getting E10 at the pump (which I understand that the govt has committed to), I believe it reduces economy about 10%. Coming to petrol stations from Sep I think...

Just wait until we start getting E10 at the pump (which I understand that the govt has committed to), I believe it reduces economy about 10%. Coming to petrol stations from Sep I think...

Super/high performance E5 will still be sold alongside e10 standard fuel.

Fuel Tank

The Gen 4 also has a smaller tank (16.5L) compared to previous models (17.5L).

What does the avg MPG say you're getting on the Gen4 and how does that compare to the Gen3? This is a better comparison than range.

Read the thread properly mate......"Observation.....comparing...
Gripping topic for a road legal track bike, is it mate! PMSL!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

i didnt look for economy on fuel when purchasing my beemers, ive had 5 now and would say there hasnt been a lot of difference between any of them on consumption. my mates rsv4 runs out way before me as well. the fact that it holds 1ltr less than the gen 3 dose notice slightly on when i refuel.

I only got about 70 - 80 miles on my Gen 3 >.<
I'd of thought Gen 4 similar

I've had 2 gen 3's and a gen 1 before the gen 4 and the fuel consumption is about the same but even if I was worried about fuel mpg I'd have probably bought a 125 ????*??

On my Gen 4 I didn?t notice any significant difference in fuel consumption to that on my Gen 3

I don?t think I?ve ever worried about fuel economy.... if I get the dreaded ?take up the entire screen? message so I can?t see my crappy lean angles then I worry about finding the next petrol station....
sports and economy do not exist in the same sentence.... I ride progressively and within my means and usually grinning away in my lid
I also think these trip computers are like the car ones... u ever play the game where u brim ur tank and see what range it gives u and see how many miles u can drive for ?free? before the trip computer moves??

fuel is fuel... remember as a kid being told we shall run out by 2010.... and here we are still pumping it. Not overall bothered by mpg personally

Back