First Ride F3 800

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Well managed around 30/40 minutes on this today, had planned longer but I had a burst pipe I had to sort out.. courtesy of the Junkie **** that lives above a vacant apartment I have a sale agreed on !.. his mother (fortunately) lives right across the landing from him in this block of 6 units, she had to find out where he was ( in some geezers totally wasted it turns out) jumped in her car, got his keys and brought them back, we both got in to find the cold water feed was the culprit, and of course it went bang when I pulled the machine out.. the pressure locally is in the 3-5 Bar region...the stop cock was behind the machine so I had no choice, needless to say as I pulled out the machine I royaly ripped his vinyl and the stopcock which hasn't been operated since the dinosaurs roamed was almost solid... what a mess..the owner who is in Dubai knows nothing as of yet.. and to compound matters my phone screen took a sickie and wasn't working ever again.. so new phone ordered... anyhow, what was I saying..

WOW.. hahaha, WHAT A BIKE !.. it's been a long time since I had a grin on my face after a blast on a machine, this is some tool, razor sharp handling, accelerates beautifully, fueling feels good, light and extremely nimble, front brakes are just sensational, riding position is spot on too... need to sort out the front and rear suspension, too soft at the front and rear compression far too firm, the exhaust note from the SC was on the asbo side but I forgot all about that as soon as I got her up to a good pace and she started to howl.... my fingers were getting cold completely forgetting the heated grips I had fitted, this made things even better.. there's no question it's way more track orientated than a road bike though even in such a short space of time I can tell this is a keeper, I thought my HP4 turned heads, this thing is on a different plane sitting at the traffic lights.

I had setup the custom map to extreme parameters last night, the engine braking was a bit fierce and needs played with, a smoother comedown after gunning it feels the way forward.. I'm going to buy ECU Studio software kit turning my choices into endless permutations oh and changes the QS to full blipper, that alone justifies the money.. what a bike and a blind buy at that..

Take a look at Dave Moss' video - he did a full rundown on the F3 with detailed suspension guide

https://youtu.be/WpXeeUEHksM
I've already watched it, Alex clocked it a few weeks ago .. it feels like the previous owner has messed with it..too firm to roll off the line like that

Sent from my Evo 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Glad to hear you're loving the bike!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I love it in such a short time. .you just know when you know.. it's going to be a great ride in these long hot summer days up North...canny wait lol

Sent from my Evo 2 using Tapatalk

Beautiful bike that Stu
Cheers Budgie, you'd really appreciate the paint job, can't be that many out there with the same quality of paintwork and finish . photographs definitely don't do it justice above all it's a great drive... It was a blind buy too.not disappointed !

Sent from this shitty wee phone

Great bikes, look and sound lovely. I had a 2013 one but sadly I hsd to sell.
It had a problem getting into 6th gear. Ok on the road but under speed and load on track would just not work. Took it to dealers who couldn't find anything obvious. They said it was internal and after speaking to MV I'd have to foot the bill. Still had a years warranty left so I was very un impressed with their attitude.
Also found the fixings to be made of cheese. Other than that sublime.

Had a ride on my friends, found it very race orientated and harsh, sexy looking bike though

It's definitely more a track bike than road, I reckon I can get the suspension sorted out in a day...I've a stretch of road close by I can get the tools out and play about on it.. I'll look over Dave Moss's video again, get the sag sorted in my garage and take everything back to factory.. if I take it from that point I'll not be a million miles away.

Great bikes, look and sound lovely. I had a 2013 one but sadly I hsd to sell.
It had a problem getting into 6th gear. Ok on the road but under speed and load on track would just not work. Took it to dealers who couldn't find anything obvious. They said it was internal and after speaking to MV I'd have to foot the bill. Still had a years warranty left so I was very un impressed with their attitude.
Also found the fixings to be made of cheese. Other than that sublime.

Agreed...

There was a change of leadership a few years ago.. some guy Massimo or whatever heads up the company now apparently this guy is the real deal according to posts on the MV Forum, there is quite a loyal following on there with some of the older guys stretching back decades of MV ownership.

Was it a 675 as opposed to the 800 ?

Last edited:
Yeah the 800.
Id had a triumph 675 before and loved the triple so wanted a bigger engine.
I bouhht it up north but he clised down about two months after I got it so I hsd knowone to gripe with.

I feel your frustration, they're certainly not without their problems. I bought mine as I wanted a bike that was light, nimble and an easily managed package. I didn't want another 200 brake mega power beast. .

Sent from this shitty wee phone

Back