Standard bolts with official motorrad carbon

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevie

Reaction score
Tried to fit the official M sport tank infills today...
Shoulder of the standard bolt doesn't pass through the hole of the carbon part. Not a lacquer issue, as both left and right are the same. Plus, the (small) hole is right through the depth of the part...

Dealer says it's usually "tight" but theres no way the bolt is passing through there. Also, don't fancy drilling or dremmeling given it's a carbon part.

Dealer also says the standard bolts should fit - no bolts come with the carbon.

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks, all.

Dealer provided me with 2 bolts that didn't have any shoulders on them. After fitting a rubber washer under the carbon, it fits well.

Still annoying that you pay ?600 for these parts then have to faff around to make them fit...

I had this issue with Ilmberger carbon. The solution was to use pre-gen4 fairing bolts I had spare. I?d rather not try drilling carbon although I am sure it?s fine to do so. It must be that way to start with for a reason surely?

I had this issue with Ilmberger carbon. The solution was to use pre-gen4 fairing bolts I had spare. I?d rather not try drilling carbon although I am sure it?s fine to do so. It must be that way to start with for a reason surely?

Yeah, I had the dremel out then thought better of it...the dealer drew a blank too. Cant imagine that it's a mistake in the manufacture so as you say, there should be a reason for it. The 2 rear bolts, under the seat, have the same issue.

Strange

The only thought I had was it?s technically a race bellypan so perhaps designed with dzus fasteners in mind?

Back