New spark plugs and air filter

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocS1000RR

Reaction score
Hello, I want to flash my 2015 motorcycle, it has 12,000 km, I have Akra exhaust with original exhaust manifolds.

Is it necessary to put a new K&N air filter type and new spark plugs?

If necessary, do you recommend the original NGK spark plugs or the Iridium version? Thanks.

Nothing needed for a flash.
Fresh OEM filter and spark plugs will be fine.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Nothing needed for a flash.
Fresh OEM filter and spark plugs will be fine.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Do you mean oem filter is enought for original collectors with Akra can?

Sparks plugs don't necessary to change with 12.000 km?? If necessary, wich are better, original ngk or iridium version?

Thanks.

The OEM filter is very good, quite low surface pressure, the HP gains from using non-paper filters are probably not enough to make up for the reduced filtration. If i was racing I'd probably use the BMC per Alpha Racing.
The sparkplugs, we've not really seen any discussions on here about upgrading them. I used to run Iridium's in high boost turbo cars but haven't felt the need or seen any good reasons to spend the extra on the bike.

The OEM is down about 1hp on others but has much better filtration. so OEM all day long.

Standard plugs are the best unless your running c16 or putting alot of Nitrous through it.

Avoid brisk plugs. NGK or OEM.

Mine has K&N for about 40,000 miles, no problems , power is good 199bhp with full akra and PCv. cleaned and oiled once or twice. Original plugs NGK are good for 18,000 miles, same as the shim check, so I get dealer to change them whilst doing the check and fresh coolant. It's gen 1.

Filters will make minimum difference power wise. OEM plugs are fine.

Back