Is it meant to be that easy?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Was debating swapping my air filter for a K&N before the service is due (bought it a few weeks back), so thought I'd ask my garage to do it when the bike's in there next.

Anyway, there are a few vids on youtube (was checking to see how much the job would cost) and it looked ridiculously simple. I realise this is not news to most (all?) of you but I'm used to changing air filters being an insanely complicated task, along the lines of @stuartb's MV battery!

So, thought I'd give it a go myself and bloody hell, that was easy! If I wasn't already happy with the BMW, that would have tipped the balance! Less impressed with the amount of flora and fauna attached though

Air filter.jpg

The S1000RR is a fairly easy bike to work on. Anyone who has had to change spark plugs in a Big Bang R1 will know what a nightmare it is!

Xjr1300s are a balls for the 2 inner plugs.

First time I ever understood how someone could crossthread a plug.

If I remember the frame rails go over the top or something like that

Lol.. canny beat a bit of hassle to keep the mind active !

Very true, if we didn't have problems to solve and the weather to moan about, we'd all be bored...

Saying that you can't beat a V-Twin for easy of changing plugs.... 10 - 15 mins on all 3 of mine. ;)

Back