Indicator Switch

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreudianSlip

Reaction score
I took the bike out today for an essential journey to the shops and found that the indicators weren?t working. As this is the 1st time the bike has been out of the garage since i bought it late last year, it took a few mins for the memories to come back. I remember the indicators only worked 1 out of 5 times whilst I rode it home on day1, but I put it down to the fact that I was wearing my big winter gloves and the bike was new.

I pressed the switch a bit harder, and sometimes the indicators would work, sometimes not - properly frustrating, but I must have pressed a bit too hard trying to get them to work as I was turning at a roundabout and the switch broke off, so I?m left with a little stump of the remaining switch, but even that only works when it wants to.

I?ve emailed BMW to ask them to replace the b0rked bit, but wondered if anyone else had experienced similar?

I?ve experience a problem with the left switchgear. Not the indicators though, mine was the cruise control. I noticed on the way back from a service that the cruise didn?t work quite right. Went back in the next day to be told the whole switchgear required changing as it wasn?t fixable. ?370 just for the unit.
I?d take it back in as it will be covered under your warranty.

Last edited:
I know it sounds silly but were you using them right as they are self cancelling? You may of not realised they were on but they were as the switch is a bit strange at first

On the note of the cruise I had the exact same issue, found my left hand switchgear to be loose so I tightened it all up and no issues since

My cruise switch came off when the technician took it for a ride to check it out. He thought it was the cable before he took it out.

I know it sounds silly but were you using them right as they are self cancelling? You may of not realised they were on but they were as the switch is a bit strange at first

On the note of the cruise I had the exact same issue, found my left hand switchgear to be loose so I tightened it all up and no issues since

The green flashing light on the dash is a dead giveaway :) There was nothing 90% of the time.

I had my left wing mirror and indicator unit replaced under warranty as the indicator stopped working.

Hats off to Allan Jeffries - they travelled about 1.5 hours to pick the bike up, and about the same distance to drop it off again a few days later. Replaced the left hand switchgear under warranty. I now have working indicators!

Back