Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which ? Lithium Battery

Re: Which ? Lithium Battery

Fmt, fulbatt and whatever the OEM husqvarna lithium battery is. I'd have to pull to see.

To me they all act exactly the same.

It's not a massive inconvenience. But last Mx day that was only 2 or 3 degrees and frozen that night the whole paddock had to give up for 10 mins not one started straight out of the van

2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Flyingscotsman's Avatar
    Riding
    S1k 2013 Black

Quote Originally Posted by stuartb View Post
    Already has a factory fitted connector under the tail unit because of the starter clutch Rob....if you ever see an MV in someone's garage it will be plugged in to the national grid ! Anyhoo I'll just fit the grips, if the battery dies at a later date I'll deal with it then..for once in my life I was thinking ahead lol

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Have to say the BMW has converted me to heated grips. Great idea to retrofit to MV.

Riding
    2018 S1000RR Sport

Quote Originally Posted by stuartb View Post
    Already has a factory fitted connector under the tail unit because of the starter clutch Rob....if you ever see an MV in someone's garage it will be plugged in to the national grid ! Anyhoo I'll just fit the grips, if the battery dies at a later date I'll deal with it then..for once in my life I was thinking ahead lol

Don't forget to activate the hotter settings for a larger bike on the grips

Riding
    HP4, F3 800

Jesus Christ !... this things a nightmare, even with the plastics off, top yoke and what not getting access to the battery is a mission. I've had to prop up the arse end of the tank with a mallet which in turn puts strain on the the fuel and breather lines. The negative terminal is easy to get to as the fastener is in a vertical position, the positive is 90? to that and lying on its side facing the tank, engaging the bolt with the captive nut a is pure bastard, I'm waiting for my USB 12V charger coming from Amazon tomorrow, two additional connections makes it even more difficult, looking at the set up I reckon I can attach the positive like the negative, I reckon they've been over cautious, there's a rubber cover over the pos anyhow, plus the tank is plastique !.. Grips are on, smoothed off the throttle tube, 2 wraps of double sided tape and grip glue and it slid home like a finger up a botty, clutch side same though I'll get Rab Carson to bung the bar end in his lathe and reduce the bit thats sitting proud.

These look really good and are unobtrusive just hope they work well...need to lose about 8 inches of unused cable. Done for the night

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stuartb For This Useful Post:

Riding
    HP4, F3 800

These look and work brilliantly, managed to shoe horn in (another post about THIS I hear everyone say..groan)... you know I like to give my chums a run down on my wee jobs lol...

no, it's another wee post as I'm almost done, lot of neg comments about insufficient heat off these.. as Katie quite rightly points out you set the output in relation to engine capacity... at setting 3 on setting 3 if that makes sense its a no bare hands job, they are scalding hot...I had both touching 120f.. thats warmer than my HPs grips.. also set up a USB charger for the boot, I'll check it for drain but should be fine with device disconnected.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stuartb For This Useful Post: