Fitting Brembo RCS 19

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good bleeding is going to be difficult in the ABS S1000RR. You can use the stock reservoir. I think the tube Brembo use is smaller in diameter than the stock.

Assuming there's no air in the system currently and you reasonably competent working on your own bike.

Easiest way would be to start with taking the callipers off the fork legs one at a time, removing the pads and putting a long 1/4 socket extension down the calliper 'throat' i.e where the disc normally sits. The thicker end of the extension at the top of the calliper stops it sliding through. Pump brake lever till all 4 pistons touch the extension bar. Don't worry the pistons won't go too far and pop out. Same for the other side so you'll need 2 long 1/4 extensions. This means you have the maximum fluid possible in the calipers. Always keep an eye on fluid levels in the reservoir while you're doing this. You might as well give the pistons a clean whilst they're fully out with a toothbrush and soapy water while your at it.

Next remove the OE M/C and keeping the end of the brake line uppermost so you don't loose fluid, fit it to the RCS with new banjo washers. Fill the reservoir, you can squeeze the rubber tube to draw some fluid down into the M/C. Bleed the nipple on the RCS till fluid is coming through with no air bubbles. Now put the lid on the reservoir and screw it down using the screws (saves brake fluid sqirting everywhere).

Next one calliper at a time, draw back the 1/4 extension so 2 pistons are still held in by it and I use a piston pusher (looks like a miniature flat shovel) to gradually push each of the free pistons in so they are all recessed into the calliper. Remember to have the RCS bleed nipple open at this time. Also remember not to give one piston a big push as the opposite piston will pop out. Then remove the 1/4 extension fully and I just put my thumb in between the pistons that I've just fully recessed whilst pushing in the other two. Put the pads in and mount on fork leg. Then do the same on the other side. You've just forced out any possible air you had at the top pf the line when you disconnected it from the OE m/c and attached it to the RCS.

Check reservoir level, bolts etc and generally check everything over.

Simples.....

Morning,

Advice fitting Brembo RSC 19 Master please, Can i use the original reservoir?

Is it quite straight forward to bleed out?

Advice appreciated

it will work perfectly fine

the biggest issue is different diameters of brake fluid hoses. I used brembo's supplied one and on reservoir side cut a rubber ring of smaller size to make it fit flush.

Echo what JamieMac and BMWbadboy have said in regards too fitting and the reservoir.

I just changed my MC to a Galespeed VRC. Galespeed makes things a little easier, they supply two different sized connectors for the reservoir hose. Just swap that out and you can retain the OE hose and reservoir.

Couple of tips. First invest in lots of brake fluid, (i have used 500ml to bleed mine so far) . Once fitted and bled zip tie the lever back and leave for 24 hours, this should force any air out that is still trapped. There will be some still in there. If you have managed to get air into the ABS pump, don't worry. You won't need special tools to bleed it, just patients. Put the bike in rain mode (activates the ABS with more ease) go find a quiet road and keep braking hard several times to activate it. Go home, let the bike cool down and do another complete bleed.

Echo what JamieMac and BMWbadboy have said in regards too fitting and the reservoir.

I just changed my MC to a Galespeed VRC. Galespeed makes things a little easier, they supply two different sized connectors for the reservoir hose. Just swap that out and you can retain the OE hose and reservoir.

Couple of tips. First invest in lots of brake fluid, (i have used 500ml to bleed mine so far) . Once fitted and bled zip tie the lever back and leave for 24 hours, this should force any air out that is still trapped. There will be some still in there. If you have managed to get air into the ABS pump, don't worry. You won't need special tools to bleed it, just patients. Put the bike in rain mode (activates the ABS with more ease) go find a quiet road and keep braking hard several times to activate it. Go home, let the bike cool down and do another complete bleed.

Agree with you about the ABS part. Did exactly the same thing, and worked absolutely fine on my track bike.

Agree with you about the ABS part. Did exactly the same thing, and worked absolutely fine on my track bike.

Definitely works right. Took mine out yesterday for the first time since fitting the MC. Did some heavy braking to get the abs to kick in. Came home and did another bleed. When you think you?ve removed the air the first time. More still came out of the MC and callipers. Lever feels really nice now.

Back