Mounting TV on the wall

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan2evn

Reaction score
Morning all,

Looking at mounting my TV on the wall, I know I need to run some wires up inside the wall. Is it possible to have a type of socket, plug behind the tv, and a wired socket down the wall. So I could plug the sky box ps5 etc into the wall at the bottom, then plug a cable from the top socket into the TV. So I don't have to run a cable direct from sky to TV.

That make some sense or am I chatting crap lol

Cheers

Yeah done many domestic TV points arrangement.
Usual parts are:
Double socket
TV ariel point
Ethernet point

Without really knowing what you have is hard to say but I assume you want to hide all points behind the TV.

My TV is on a wall mount - my lounge backs on to my garage so they drilled a small hole through and ran all cabling and power through there and linked it up to my router and streamer. My satellite box and fire stick are secured behind the TV, so it all looks nice and clean. You just need to make sure that the remote signal can make it to your Sky box - I was having big problems with that, until I realised that one of the straps holding my BT Box was covering the receiver... d'oh...

Excellent excuse to buy a decent AV Receiver and run everything through that with one lead (HDMI) to your TV.. The receiver acts as your switch.. Decent sub and two satellites and you should have a great sound and resolve your problem.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Whether you go for a streamer or receiver you might want to think about where to put all the hardware. As I said above the Sat box was always going behind the TV, but the original plan was to have everything else underneath the TV, but the guy that came to fit it suggested we tuck it all away in a cupboard (I control everything via an app anyway), and I'm very grateful he did, it's so much nicer than having wires everywhere. Might not work for you games console, but just an idea.

Back