Trackday's and Helmets

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schua2007

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, advice please. I'm considering a track day for the first time (Gen 4 M Sport owner) and I've read that you need a Gold ACU approved helmet with sticker. I own an AGV Sportmodular helmet which I bought direct from AGV. I'm unable to find anything that states it is ACU Gold accredited and I assume as I bought direct no sticker was attached - assuming it is approved. Any thoughts? Will I need a different helmet or is there somewhere I can check? Thanks

Sent from my XQ-AD51 using Tapatalk

For the price and brand I'd not expect any issue. I believe you can get the gold sticker sent out.
You could check if it's certified by calling Infinity or another stockist.

The ACU or someone on here should be able to advise how to get the sticker; https://www.acu.org.uk/news/2015/06/acu-helmet-stickers/

EDIT: forget all that. It's a front face flip. I am not sure there's more than a couple of those approved. It needs to be a 1-piece shell.

Last edited:
ACU Gold Sticker

You can buy a Gold Sticker directly from the ACU for ?5. They will check if the helmet is on their approved list before they supply you with one.

Buy a lid with a gold sticker verification of course. They're are never checked though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As far as I know. No flip or sunvisor helmet complys.

Not sure is DD ring a requirement for trackdays but iv seen far to many clips open when it was needed

Last edited:
Thank you. I'm therefore in the market for a new helmet as my other helmet (Shoei Neotec 2) is also a flip. Based on the need to buy online at present, and how well my Shoei fits I'm thinking Shoei X-Spirit 3. Any one have one or any knowledge whether this is a good course of action? Thanks

Sent from my XQ-AD51 using Tapatalk

I have a X-Spirit 3 (MM93 replica) and it's an amazing Helmet. Looks mint and very comfortable and I would highly recommend it.

Rob.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

But the X-Lite's are similar - I just bought an X-803RC Hot Lap and it's nice an plush on the inside where the Shoei isn't

Back