No limits

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What sort of numbers are you talking on track days then? Will the track be mad busy? What would I need to do if anything to my road bike? I have a lot of crash protection on already though

when i did my 1st track day few years back i was also a new rider. i hired a bike to get the gist of trackdays, all i had to do was turn up with my kit, bike tyres everything else sorted. wasn't long before i got my 1st track bike after that, so addictive.
if i was on road bike probably remove mirrors, and rear plate and light cluster. people with roady's probably advise better, just my opinion, also depends if you riding there?

mut

You can fold them in but in the event of a spill its one less thing that will get damaged. You won't want glass on the track. Headlight just tape up if you're riding there you'll have enough to do. Alter your tyre pressures for the track.

I'm on a gen 4 so I was just planning on folding the mirrors in and removing the plate if im honest. Probably need new tyres before I go as well. Ill get them a couple of months earlier. I commute on my bike so I'll have them worn in by the time of the track I hope

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

no problems doing that,just tape up your lights (especially rear),fold in mirrors to stop you checking behind(as theres no need whatsoever..) and just enjoy it,no need to remove plate or anythig liike that.

I've got a nrc rear light. Does that still need removing ? Or is it more to do with not having the brake lights coming on? I can just unplug it if its that

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Leave the lights.
Mirrors folded/taped over/removed.
I remove the license plate purely to improve the camera footage :)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I remove the license plate purely to improve the camera footage :)
Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

What about all that unnecessary drag?? :)
I ride to trackdays too Ste, and I take:
1. Mirror blanking plates and tools to remove them - personal preference, don't like folding them in
2. Tools to take off the Reg plate, to guarantee that extra 0.01 mph on the straight
3. Pressure gauge and foot pump... cos it can be a real pita getting access to the TDO's one at the end of the day.
I'm going to start taking a dark visor too, but all this will fit in my tail bag easily.

But... I've just bought a spare set of wheels from Nick @Cotswold Mottorad (I only called him for a slick plug...), so I may be descending into the world of slicks, tyre warmers, paddock stands and a truck load of spares...

I've no issues folding the mirrors in. Just unsure of the wires if I take them off. I've always thought more about track days anyway and if I like it as much as I think I may then I may save up for a track bike. For now though my current bike will do. Just need to ensure I don't do anything silly as it's my daily commute as well when the weather is good

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Back