No limits

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Croft is my local circuit, I have booked 4 days there this morning. I really enjoy it, is a friendly atmosphere, good toilets etc, garages are usually taken by the night before campers. Track is enjoyable, bumpy surface and no camber in the corners. But the fast section out the back is great. If anyone is going, be good to chat!

croft is very marmite,i personally love it,fast flowing but flat with no massive straight,not overly technical,with the slowest corner you'll likely come across on a race track.

April and May dates released tomorrow. Their holding back Angelsey's dates till later, really fancy that track... looks a decent circuit and a nice backdrop, whats the facilities like ?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I'd say that's something to do with what happened last year...............numbers were cut to a 1/3 of their normal level - 20 per group instead of 60(which is too much imho) - but prices kept the same. I'd guess they are waiting to see how many they can have per group before they release a price? (Jamie Whitham had their Anglesey dates out mid Nov so it's not the circuit not releasing dates)

Croft is my local circuit, I have booked 4 days there this morning. I really enjoy it, is a friendly atmosphere, good toilets etc, garages are usually taken by the night before campers. Track is enjoyable, bumpy surface and no camber in the corners. But the fast section out the back is great. If anyone is going, be good to chat!
Dates you going [emoji465] ?.. haha that wee emoji popped up on my phone, let's see how it looks on the forum..

Seems to have worked...

Last edited:
Love it!

Be April 15 & 16, may 20 & 21 mate. Is only 30mins away so ideal for me

Dates you going [emoji465] ?.. haha that wee emoji popped up on my phone, let's see how it looks on the forum..

Seems to have worked...

I've not done a track day session before on my own bike. I spoke to bemoto before and insurance is over 200 for a day. Is this right? What do you all do for track day insurance?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

If you ride within yourself it's safer than the road. Not one bike on there will be insured.

I had a feeling you would mostly say that haha, I've only ever done one track day at that was at Ron haslem school, always got that worry at the back of your head though.

I'm thinking either Bedford or Brands - it'll be my first track day and they're the nearest to me. Which one would you chose for first track day?

Sent from my XQ-AD51 using Tapatalk

I'll be going in the beginner class. I'll just keep my distance from everyone which should be easy on one of these bikes

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

the worst is normally some other talent less idiot T boning you.
happened to us in Alcarras few years back, Day 1 session 1, some Bulgarian came zipping down inside of 4 of us realised he way way to quick, hit anchors, squirmed all over place, took lead rider out and we all followed into kitty litter. 3 down plus him, 1 stayed up, Bulgarian got up claiming brake failure, lead fella busted hand and damaged shoulder, game over for him through no fault of his own. some Euro he ended up having.
needless to say Bulgarian didn't hang around in pits for long, fella with busted hand built like a brick s&*^House. was going to rip his head off, even with 1 hand lol
like you say, you never know whats going to happen on the day however safe you feel your riding.
Mut

The biggest risk is definitely other riders. My advice, mainly for the lower groups, is to attack the straights and use the BMW power and brakes to try and stay clear, if you're not at full throttle on the straights and gapping people you're inviting them to do stupid sh1t.

Other than that just be sure the important bolts are tight and the oil filler cap/filter are secure. If you ride to the track then there's obviously very little chance of things coming undone.

I'm thinking either Bedford or Brands - it'll be my first track day and they're the nearest to me. Which one would you chose for first track day?

Sent from my XQ-AD51 using Tapatalk

The only difference between road and track is safety.... Main one is you're all going around the same way which lets you concentrate on what's going on around you (except behind). It may be a race track but only one in control of your speed is you. One of the main Euro trackday company's is EYBIS. ' Enjoy Your Bike In Safety' You do realise that the first trackday leads to an empty pocket ?? :dejection:

EYBIS? Never heard of them. No Limits and Focused Events on the other hand, have been TDOs for a decade plus.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

EYBIS run good days (although nit used them for last 5 yrs or so),i asume hes looking at uk days though talking about brands+bedford?

Back