motorcycle live

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MOz link=topic=1828.msg16766#msg16766 date=1354310175 said:
Best looking bike at the show was the Panigale. Even the standard one looks class.

Makes the S1R / HP4 look at least 10 years old.

I'm happy with my Beemer don't get me wrong but I am pleased I haven't shelled out for the HP4. Even the ZX10R will have electronically active suspension as an option next year. Ohlins have just launched it.
I agree,think the Panigale looks lush! But I bought the Beemer first lol if I'd seen the Ducati then o would of got it!
But still happy with the sk1 ;)
This is the last bike I buy new now! I've spent 1000's on bikes over the years and I think it's time I stop lol
Plus the other half wants a holiday and most of my time will be track days next year!

I couldn't afford a new Panigale now anyway and apparently they are a nightmare to insure.

I'm proper happy with the standard S1R and don't see the point in shelling out an extra £8k for the HP4 carbon. Thanks to Beemer flooding the market with pre-reg post recall bikes my 2012 is worth £11k tops trade in. I won't be buying a Beemer again. Total waste of cash.

photo.jpg

Really like the £16K HP4 with the black wheels, still gives you room to customise things like rearsets/levers/plastics.

I quite like the tri-colour panigale, but not keen on some of the design, still like mentioned earlier, I'm done with buying new bikes for a while, too many other things to do. Lol

That's the 1199R, not the Tricolour S.

Totally different kettle of fish. Sexy, but I still prefer the simplicity (visual) of the base model. The R's ally tank and silver detail looks busy and the Tri-Colour is the same.

MOz link=topic=1828.msg16784#msg16784 date=1354347774 said:
I couldn't afford a new Panigale now anyway and apparently they are a nightmare to insure.

I'm proper happy with the standard S1R and don't see the point in shelling out an extra £8k for the HP4 carbon. Thanks to Beemer flooding the market with pre-reg post recall bikes my 2012 is worth £11k tops trade in. I won't be buying a Beemer again. Total waste of cash.
That makes two of us , I'll not buy another Beemer. Just got back from show KTM had the video of 1290 Superduke but NOT the bike = Bummer. I'll not waste money on the HP4 but keep my 2011 bike and seriously thinking about getting a second hand (max 2year old) KTM Superduke 9920 or a Ducati Hypermotard 1100. Any one got a view which of these two would be the most fun on B roads? :eek:

Superduke every day of the week. The older Hypermotards use the old air cooled Duke motor and are massively overpriced for what they are.

The new one (Hypermotard SP) on the other hand is fucking gorgeous.

The panigale looks awesome but have you ridden one? No torque low down unlike the BMW it's will cook your legs it a nightmare in slow traffic and as for insurance the cost is 4x what the BMW, if they will even quote. ...

My last bike was a ducati, I would echo the above comments.

Horrible around town (snatchy at anything under 60) and it cost way more than the S1k to insure.

Beautiful adornments though

MOz link=topic=1828.msg16814#msg16814 date=1354381834 said:
That's the 1199R, not the Tricolour S.

Totally different kettle of fish. Sexy, but I still prefer the simplicity (visual) of the base model. The R's ally tank and silver detail looks busy and the Tri-Colour is the same.

I know, was just saying I prefer the tri-colour version if I had to choose one. :)

On the coach from nec,bought a x sprit 2 kyonari for 300 instead of 640 also got blaze panniers for 200 and got my insurance renewal for 100 quid cheaper all in all a good day,apart from the bargains the show is crap !!!!!

BUZZ link=topic=1828.msg16839#msg16839 date=1354470419 said:
On the coach from nec,bought a x sprit 2 kyonari for 300 instead of 640 also got blaze panniers for 200 and got my insurance renewal for 100 quid cheaper all in all a good day,apart from the bargains the show is crap !!!!!

I also purchased the Blaze panniers and the daypack tank bag got the same deal on the panniers, the tank bag with the fuel cap souround kit for £132...

I enjoyed looking around but I may not go next year unless i am after something...

Ill be getting the blaze tank bag and the fuel cap ring with satnav bracket and sat nav waterproof bag this week they will sort it for the price i arranged at the show with them plus the bonnie who served me is mint ;)

BUZZ link=topic=1828.msg16856#msg16856 date=1354537489 said:
Ill be getting the blaze tank bag and the fuel cap ring with satnav bracket and sat nav waterproof bag this week they will sort it for the price i arranged at the show with them plus the bonnie who served me is mint ;)

Bonnie is Mint and err very fit :p :p I gave her a ring about satnav bag and bracket order placed and she gave me it at the show discount price...

Well im simgle now lol just got off the phone to bonnie and ordered the tank bag and stuff and asked her if shes ever in cardiff to get in touch and she said she deffo would ;) problem os she wont ever go to cardiff knowing my luck lol :(

Back