Seat lock tumbler recoding

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

Reaction score
Replaced the OEM seat cowl that the bike came with (2 tiny boot marks), with a mint one I already had and when popping out the seat lock the tumbler internals sprang out - really annoying. Dealer sending me some more internals to recode it. Is it a straightforward task - I've little patience at the best of times!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Re: Sear lock tumbler recoding

Replaced the OEM seat cowl that the bike came with (2 tiny boot marks), with a mint one I already had and when popping out the seat lock the tumbler internals sprang out - really annoying. Dealer sending me some more internals to recode it. Is it a straightforward task - I've little patience at the best of times!

Just a bit of a logic puzzle.
The key holds them in place when inserted so if you star from the end the key inserts into you can use that to preserve progress

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Thanks, I'll give that a go : )

There not too hard. You line them up so the stack is flat when you put the key in.

Its not bad

If you struggle to do it I can do it for you if you post it to me. Or I can talk you through it if needed. I have assembled thousands of Locks in my lifetime.

Good luck.

You star! Good man, really appreciate it : )

Back