New chain costs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Following a serious rust incident (didn't realise my Scottoiler had turned itself off!), and despite a good clean up, I think it's time to replace my chain and sprockets. Have seen a DID 525 ZVMX set (JT sprockets) for sub ?140. Aiming for longevity rather than lightweight, does that sound good value?

The deal I was looking at is 120 links with 17/45 sprockets.

Sadly, C&S detail sticks in my head as well tax law (badly) so I'm at the sellers mercy on what works well!

Where your Scott Oilers made Katie.. no production line rubbish here..
06b865498fc62fdd7781311135e4ad5a.jpg
a1a2f879c72af25ca0e9acdf93a7543a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Very shiny, unlike my chain!

So, ?138 inc. delivery for the C&S, reckon it's good value? Or should I hold out for the Regina chain to be available for a 2018 model?

So, ?138 inc. delivery for the C&S, reckon it's good value? Or should I hold out for the Regina chain to be available for a 2018 model?

not really, posted linked to 97gbp above

Doesn't seem that expensive to me.. I got a cracking deal on a chain and ended up with two D.I.Ds last year, offered it on the forum for the 50 quid I paid for it and there were NO takers lol.. a decent chain is anywhere between 80 to 120 quid plus sprockets.. so 138 sounds fine..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

DID ZVMX chain is best (IMO), supersprox rear, ally ones don't wear as well, steel front, I got one with the sound deadener on, last set did about 16000 miles

Back