New chain costs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, following advice and looking around, the set seemed as good a price as any. Ordered from https://www.louis-moto.co.uk/ on the 3rd, received in the 11th. As mentioned on another thread, they pay any tax/customs in advance so not additional costs. The worst part was my bank's exchange rate, bloody highwaymen!

C and S.jpg

Louis moto are pretty good, I like their website, it's well laid out and saves your bike in the search bit. Have you got the DID tool for putting that together ?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Nah, I recognise my limits. If I take on a 10 minute job, with all the right tools, it usually takes an hour. Taking big lumps off the bike (wheels, tank etc.) usually end in disaster!
I have fond memories of having to take off an oil tank to go and get it re-threaded after an oil change (long story, familiar to some!) and decided I'd leave the chunky stuff to people who know what they're doing. The extra cost is outweighed by the peace of mind, knowing that the wheel/bars/tank won't fall off at some high-speed moment :biggrin-new:

Pretty lucky to have decent set-up nearby (GP Performance). They're always upfront about what they're doing/need to do, give spot on advice, and have sorted out a fair few emergency cases for me! I used to commute 150 miles a day so tended to have a bike in the shop every other week for something or other..

Ok, so in addition to the new C&S, I also found out that the Scottoiler had packed up! As far as the rusty chain goes I have to work on the basis that I hadn't turned the oiler back on after taking the battery out, but it hasn't worked since that point. Took it back to the original fitters and it turns out the pump had packed in. They've just fitted a replacement and are sending the original back to Scottoiler to see what they say
Shame I didn't get the same people to replace the C&S, that might have made for a better outcome in terms of cost!

Back