Battery

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yogi Bear

Reaction score
Hi

Ive had my 2017 S1000RR in my garage with a optimate charger. I went to start it today and the bikes cranked over slowly then died, i put it back on charge and it showed battery recovering then optimising and wouldnt start.

I think i may need a new battery, any recommendations for a good battery?

Thanks for the pointers just ordered from Tanya batteries they are a lot cheaper than elsewhere.

YUASA YTZ10S HIGH PERFORMANCE MF MOTORCYCLE BATTERY

I went with the yuasa 12 up from the 10 after my 2 year old Bmw one went put and at half the cost it turns over great

FWIW the LiFeP04 batteries don't suffer from the cold half as much as the standard battery types.

the battery i took off the bike was always on the optimate charger so i dont get how it died like it did.

the battery i took off the bike was always on the optimate charger so i dont get how it died like it did.

Two or three years is a good life for a lead acid battery. You may get more if you are lucky, but being left flat at any stage will kill them, and they wont work well in the cold.

Back