Tyre width - 200 vs 190

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowling

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a k67 sport with cast wheels, which currently have 190 rear fitted.

Can I fit a 200 rear? And will the traction control etc. not be confused? Reason is there are more 200 rears available on a good deal.

Chers,

Rich

K67's ECU is set for 200

but to answer you question, 190 or 200 is absolutely irrelevant

Last edited:
Cheers buddy,
Suppose there is such a variation between brands, profiles & wear that its not an exact science. Also I think the forged and carbon wheels come with a 200 from factory?

Technically the ECU is calibrated for 190/55 for the cast wheel bikes.
However, the rim will accept 200 and, whilst it is not necessary, your dealer can recalibrate the ECU for the 200 profile tyre, as comes standard with the M forged and carbon wheels.

As a new member on the forum, could you please post a welcome message in our welcome area (see link). Many thanks [emoji846]

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?22-WELCOME-AREA

Last edited:
Technically the ECU is calibrated for 190/55 for the cast wheel bikes.
However, the rim will accept 200 and, whilst it is not necessary, your dealer can recalibrate the ECU for the 200 profile tyre, as comes standard with the M forged and carbon wheels.

Right, missed the cast wheels bit

i've been running 200s on my gen1, (had a couple of 190s too), can't say it's made much difference, but as they say size matters!

More good deals on 200s where ? That'll be a first.. point me in that direction my good man [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I know right! There are a few new dunlop SportSmart tt rears on eBay, from ?99 to ?115 per tyre.

More good deals on 200s where ? That'll be a first.. point me in that direction my good man [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I seem to remember when I first fitted the 200 was slightly cheaper, (maybe a supply issue with 190 being more popular?) anyway Pretty sure 200 is a bit more now, I use rosso corsas and the price seems to have gone up over the last few years anyway, but I know I like them and it's only once a year (twice last year)

Back