VDS Dash fault

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arielkh500

Reaction score
VDS dash fault doho ! Gen 1
Bike starts and runs as it should but there's no revcounter or neutral light. New battery fully charged and terminals are tight .
Any advice please

gs911 fault 10218
CAN-bus Timeout: no communication with KOMBI (Instrument Cluster) control unit
bike has the later large vds unit Behind the battery

have you tried doing a reset via the gs and then retesting after running bike?

i know you said battery is fine but more oftenn than not it's the culprit,or poor connection as they are very sensitive to voltage drop,i used to get it on my gen2 a lot and took a good run to top the battery up when it had beenn stood for a while even though it had been on an optimate

also,just make sure drop sensor hasn't moved or dropped out of its holder (under seat,opposite the red slick plug)

have you tried doing a reset via the gs and then retesting after running bike?

i know you said battery is fine but more oftenn than not it's the culprit,or poor connection as they are very sensitive to voltage drop,i used to get it on my gen2 a lot and took a good run to top the battery up when it had beenn stood for a while even though it had been on an optimate

I have cleared the fault . Still has exhaust servo fault . But still no dash or neutral light and vds still in dash

Back