Gen 1 quick action throttle

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alhitch

Reaction score
Hi

I?m wanting to fit a domino quick action throttle to my bike but I have a few questions I was hoping you could help with.

First is which one do I get, there is the kkr and the xm2, I think I need the xm2 but I want to check first.

And the other question is do I need to use the cables that domino supply or can it be fitted using the oem throttle cables?

Thanks

Alex

the one i have (I think alpha) is just the throttle tube and fits using the original cables, getting the original housing apart requires an odd size small torx and reassembly needs a bit of thought to make sure its all in the correct hole ( iI managed to bend a bolt and get it wrong first attempt) there isn't a lot of cable slack either, comes with a choice of renthal grips, so you can change lh side too. Its not a long or difficult job if you give yourself time, (i started about 8in the evening the day it turned up and was fighting for daylight to finish the job (hence the balls ups)
anyway been on there about 6 years now, it's a bit heavier than original and there is still a little bit of "second go" at getting full throttle, but it's much quicker than standard, think it was about ?70 from memory

Back