2D Front Suspension Custom Installation

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkHP4

Reaction score
Looking to install the 2D front sensor to the HP4, in a slightly different way than intended. Can anyone advise what significance "the distance of 412mm between the two ball ends"?

Is there any impact if this value is +/- XX mm, if so is there any way to compensate or adjust to suit the installation? There is also the consideration I can get the 150mm or 175mm derivatives?)

For some background as to what I am trying to achieve, i'm looking to install the sensor on the rhs of the bike (not reversed / cable at the top), with the alpha racing carbon bracket at the bottom of the fork leg. And for the top to a sensor mount on hte back of the bolt for the lower triple clamp (as they are now doing on the 2019+ K67 models/installation kits)

Anyone with their comments and/or experience of these items, and what I am trying to achieve is if at all possible your time and words much appreciated

you can fit it wherever,however you want as long as it can fully extend+compress without fouling anywhere,hence the guidance on the fitting lengths.if fitted to short or long it will either damage/bend the shaft or at best pop it off it's connectors and flap around.

Fork travel is 120mm, so from topped out to bottom out the stroke that will need recording from the potentiometer is 120mm.

A 150mm Pot will work fine on any sportsbike fork as 130mm is the max stroke on a superbike. These are generic sensors used in data analysis systems on many vehicles.

The actual length of the pot from eye to eye is of no significance so long as the stroke is within the correct range to be able to record the data from the sensor.

A 2D sensor is not model specific and how you would like to install the pot is how many people would. So long as the pot at the lower mount is does not interfere with bottom out or fork stroke, that is why many are connected to the fork bottom.

The pot must be able to function with its full stroke. The cable is also normally situated at the top end of the pot, how you connect the pot to the fork is down to you and whatever works best. Some people use a tube clamp and some drill a mount to the lower clamp.

PM if you need anything else.

great thanks

you can fit it wherever,however you want as long as it can fully extend+compress without fouling anywhere,hence the guidance on the fitting lengths.if fitted to short or long it will either damage/bend the shaft or at best pop it off it's connectors and flap around.

just remember you will more than likely need lock stops,and trim the rad shroud to stop it catching on there

Back