tracker removal

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paradoc

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
hi guys my tracker contract is up for renewel in march,i dont want the tracker anymore,do you just ask the dealer to remove it,and whats the likely cost,or can you do it yourself my bike is gen4 m/sport,cheers

I've not seen one on the Gen4. Are they not easily unplugged? My BikeTrack (AllTrac) is easily unplugged and removed if needs be...

Had mine disconnected by dealer before I picked up the bike. I didn?t want the drain on the battery

i thought i read some where that you had to get take it[tracker] off the bike and send it back,it kills the batt in 3/4 days,ive got a trickle charger now, ill get in touch with the company to find out what the score is,thanks guys

i thought i read some where that you had to get take it[tracker] off the bike and send it back,it kills the batt in 3/4 days,ive got a trickle charger now, ill get in touch with the company to find out what the score is,thanks guys

You will likely need to pay for someone to remove it - ideally the dealer that fitted it. It should be mounted somewhere difficult to easily remove.

If your bike battery is dying in 3/4 days it suggests you need a new battery (or you have a short somewhere). Tracker will drain battery but you should get 2-3 weeks from a good battery fully charged.

Last edited:
I've not seen one on the Gen4. Are they not easily unplugged? My BikeTrack (AllTrac) is easily unplugged and removed if needs be...

On my Gen4 M sport its located {redacted by admin}. Its glued in place, so not easy to remove!

Last edited by a moderator:
once again thanks guys,its dischaged in 3/4 days since ive had the bike,i told the dealer at the time,they said everything was fine,but if its a pain to remove it myself ill have to get the dealer to remove it,or just not renew the contact with scorpion,i didnt want it in the first place,it just turned up with it fitted, but first yr was free,i think bmw picked up the tab

As I said earlier - whether the contract with Scorpion is current or not, the tracker will still draw power. Its basically a mobile phone wired into the bike and is constantly looking for a GSM signal and tracking its GPS position. All the time. The only difference with a contract is someone will respond if the bike gets nicked.

cheers all,ive spoken to a dealer who said they dont remove the tracker,they just unplug it,and leave the tracking unit on the bike ,so if i sell it the new owner can have it plugged back in and pay the tracking company to activate it,happy days

Back