Track Day Insurance

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
?82.50 for 'Speed Motorcycle'
Speed = vitesse on the website.
431bbca3a48e15e7ecb620bc3a00e5a1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

?82.50 for 'Speed Motorcycle'
Speed = vitesse on the website.
431bbca3a48e15e7ecb620bc3a00e5a1.jpg

Destination country is the repatriation country...i put Italy in the event location.

And I agree with BBB that in certain countries its bollox. However in Spain its to cover going to a private hospital. Nearest to Almeria needs more than an EHIC/GHIC.
I think they insist because they have seen the downside of not having it + it probably reduces their event insurance costs.

Last edited:
Interesting...
I've gone for RBG as I cannot find any such restrictions on the poilcy...it's all a load of BS at the moment - everyone using Covid for bad service.

Not sure tbh we have used rbg before. I had a years cover with them last year but heard somewhere they weren't covering repatriation due to covid. How true that was I don't know.
The cover they took out states FAST motorcycle riding.

they certainly do cover repatriation to the UK. (RGB i'm talking about)

theres been quite a big highlight on the cover from them though (actually they are only the broker,not the insurer) recently due to a mates recent off at aragon were he broke his femur.theres far too much for me to type out,i'll copy his messages to me about it later on,but the upshot of it all was he had to pay about 1500 euro's for part off the operation that wasn't covered under this policy,namley the Ti rod+screws used to pin his leg together (prosthetics are not covered in the insurance policy).everything else was covered,inc meds,return flights at a later date,transport to airport+home when landing in the UK,but it certainly wasn't the smoothest or easiest thing to get sorted.

couldn#t find any mention of prosthetics on the assureton policy,but then again,couldn't see much about anything on there about repatriation,doesn't actually give a figure,also cant see what is+isn't included exactly.

it's same as anything,using insurance policies,you take your life into your own hands as who actually reads the small print as to what is/isn't included

Interesting...
I've gone for RBG as I cannot find any such restrictions on the poilcy...it's all a load of BS at the moment - everyone using Covid for bad service.

The cost from RBG Sport last week was 112 Euros, this week it's 166 euros.. anyone notice the increase.. I was going to sort mine last week, something else cropped up only for me to get distracted..

Emailed them asking about the increase, waiting on response. Just noticed the 7 day pass which is enough for me.

S

Last edited:
this was the convo i had with him.

"
Hi mate. Someone else just asked me about RBG and should they use or not use them. In short I would not use them again myself. This is what I just sent him. I?m sure I?ve missed stuff and I?ll be putting up a post up about my person experience with them once I?m home safe. They have been very hard work. Started off by saying that I wasn?t covered for trackdays/racing/at risk sports. It?s a ******* trackday policy. That caused a fair bit of stress and anxiety while they sorted it out. The hospital would not do anything apart from some pain relief until it was sorted. Break was Tuesday mid afternoon, didn?t get sorted until Wednesday night and that?s only because we were constantly on at them. Operation was first thing Thursday. People keep talking about the 30,000 euro limit on medical expenses, I?m not sure how that actually stacks up yet, I?m going to ask what the costs are later (it is less but I won?t to know how close it got) However, what they don?t tell you when you buy the policy and I?ve not been able to find in the policy documents yet as it?s all in Spanish, is that they do not cover the costs of any prosthetics. So I?ve had to pay the hospital 1432 euros. The man from administration was up the next day for his cash. I had an email from the insurance just before the operation to say that this wasn?t covered, by then what the **** can you do. They are also dragging their heals in getting me home now it seams. I was supposed to be coming home today but that got changed to today. They didn?t even have the decency to tell me them selves, they got the nurse to do it. Even now the last email said the the following. At this stage we are arranging a possible flight on 29/09/2021 with KLM from Barcelona-Amsterdam-Birmigham with ground ambulances included. ?Possible? doesn?t give me a great feeling. I?m hoping that?s just a language translation thing. You probably didn?t need to know all this.m but I started typing and couldn?t stop. Bored out my head
1f923.png
The answer for me is yes, avoid. I wouldn?t use them again.

[h=3]Lee[/h]
140504179_4682783158405207_4668365783201418771_n.jpg

Oh, and even though we sent them the policy certificate on the Tuesday night showing what was covered, they refused to grant treatment straight away."

it's 1 of those really,you only really know how good your policy is when you need it.just to confirm,all other medical expenses were covered,just nothe prosthetics,and lets be honest,who really knew/knows what a p[rosthetic is,i'd have assumed a false limb etc,but it's anything put ionside you to replace/hold shit together!!

It's all a con. I wish the UK based companies would sort their s**t out. Being unable to buy at all vs RBG is the current choice :/

Back