Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gen 4 clip on options

Riding
    S1000RR Sport 17

Gen 4 clip on options

After reading a few stories of forks being mangled on the Gen 4 due to the design of the Clip ons. So I am going to replace the OE set, but i really like the OEM position, height etc. And as i still use the bike on the road i would like to retain that position.

Alpha racing advertise theirs as having a similar offset to OEM but does anyone know if the height can be the same as well?

Any other options out there as well?

Cheers.

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

Re: Gen 4 clip on options

You can see the mount point of the Alpha's is above the clip. Seems to be nearly as high as the stockers?
    https://shop.alpharacing.com/shop/in...357_1375_1377&

alpha Racing Clip-ons

I have the alpha Racing Clip-ons fitted on my Gen 4. The position is similar to that of the OEM handlebars in terms of height, but unsurprisingly they offer you a much better range of adjustability. If you do fit a set I would recommend fitting an alpha Racing Clutch Cable (2152B001A01) as it is slightly longer than the OEM one. This helps when making adjustments to clip-on position as the OEM clutch cable length is restrictive. You will also need to buy a pair of fork yoke clamps to fit them. The alpha Racing and BMW ones are identical. Finally, do fit an alpha Racing Brake Lever Guard (3272B002A00) as the weighted bar ends which come supplied with it help reduce vibration. Whilst this is not an issue on track the noticeable reduction may be of benefit for road use.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RyS1000RR For This Useful Post:

Oli

I'm waiting on a set of alphas clip ons i bought some renthal ones but I wanted to get similar to the standard height. I have a bonamici yoke to fit aswel

2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER TheGodfather's Avatar

I'll second getting the cable. I have pp tuning co. The clutch cable rubs the dash and nothing i can do about it. Have a bonamici cover on so I'm not worried but think it will eventually cut through the cable.

Will get a cable ordered

Riding
    S1000RR Sport 17

Re: alpha Racing Clip-ons

Quote Originally Posted by RyS1000RR View Post
    I have the alpha Racing Clip-ons fitted on my Gen 4. The position is similar to that of the OEM handlebars in terms of height, but unsurprisingly they offer you a much better range of adjustability. If you do fit a set I would recommend fitting an alpha Racing Clutch Cable (2152B001A01) as it is slightly longer than the OEM one. This helps when making adjustments to clip-on position as the OEM clutch cable length is restrictive. You will also need to buy a pair of fork yoke clamps to fit them. The alpha Racing and BMW ones are identical. Finally, do fit an alpha Racing Brake Lever Guard (3272B002A00) as the weighted bar ends which come supplied with it help reduce vibration. Whilst this is not an issue on track the noticeable reduction may be of benefit for road use.
    Thanks buddy, awesome answers. Looks like i am going to be doing a bit more shopping on the Alpha site.

And interesting to hear about the weighted brake lever guard, i do have one already but it is a Gen 3 Gilles that i managed to adapt on for the Gen 4. But I know when i had Renthals on my Gen 3 it doesn't fit. So i am prepared to buy a new one.

I ordered my cable and a few bits last night

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

KFM do the yoke caps cheapest. However with shipping it pays to get a few parts through them.
    KFM BMW Right & Left Top Yoke Bridge Plates €55.00 2 €110.00

Hpe have made me a set i will chase up with him if he is selling them on yet