Gen 4 clip on options

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought some Sorbothane with the idea of shoving it in side the clip on to see if it made it less vibey without adding weight. Never did test it. I don't know if there's something like a liquid rubber (which sets) you could pour in, which isn't as heavy as a bar end.

Funny i was thinking something similar, using maybe a bit of lead and somehow mount it inside then use the standard bung.

The liquid silicone mold rubber is called.
Sorta-clear 40
The 40 denotes the desity. The higher ther number the more rigid it sets. Im gonna try 40 as thats what i have, reasonably flexible and soft when set.
Made by smooth-on
I used it in a project. Sets in similar time as resin.

Last edited:
I swapped them for lever guards at the track. As brake lever guards are now mandatory...

Pp tuning guards need to fit in the tube.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Are you using the heavier version at the top of the page?

http://www.oberon-performance.co.uk/acatalog/Motorcycle_Small_Universal_Bar_End_Weights.html

That's what I've fitted to the clip ons on my Gen 3 and I'm just going to use a longer bolt and a GB Racing spare blade on track, keeping the weights in place.

Just be aware (although u may know, I didnt) we now have to pay import tax when ordering from alpha

I didn't even think of that! Bugger. I tried to search to see if Automotive parts from Europe would have a low rate, but to try and find any information is near on impossible.

Just be aware (although u may know, I didnt) we now have to pay import tax when ordering from alpha

Swings and roundabouts on the EU Thing. EU used to charge us 20% VAT, now they don?t. The UK gov adds 20% vat. From what I?ve read it?s pretty much the same. I got a lathe come from Prague, so will found out soon. Weirdly I had a big box arrive from China the other day and for the first time paid no import duty. Go figure....

Last edited:
So the lathe arrived just now. Impressed, ordered it at 8pm 20th Jan and has just arrived 10.30am 22nd Jan via DHL from Prague, Checz. No import duty, VAT, admin etc.

Also another large parcel has just arrived by Parcel Force from China i.e a full set of bodywork custom painted, no import duty, VAT, admin etc. Second one this month, the other no extra import duty, VAT, admin etc.

Last edited:
Not sure i am going to be that lucky. The parts arrive today apparently and according to the shipping notice it was delayed due to Import duties needing to be paid. But then the next update states it is out for delivery. I expect to get a bill and parts at the same time haha.

Not sure i am going to be that lucky. The parts arrive today apparently and according to the shipping notice it was delayed due to Import duties needing to be paid. But then the next update states it is out for delivery. I expect to get a bill and parts at the same time haha.

From alpha?

Cant remember where it is but open the emails where it shows the long tracking number underneath that there's a link that says pay now.. Will tell you how much there

Ah thanks, just found it! This is like a gift that keeps on giving. But not in a good way haha.

Its most likely EU countries that are effected, so China shouldn't have changed, dunno

Its swings and roundabouts. EU want us to feel the pain of leaving so nobody else dares to try. We should have a free trade deal with the EU (logical as we are very strong trading partners) but that isn?t the signal they want to send so we are where we are. Over time their businesses will suffer as our demand moves to other markets (china and the us for example) where trade is easier and cheaper. EU businesses will still be constrained by EU regs. It just takes a little time to sort itself out but it will.

Back