Gen 4 clip on options

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GavD101

Reaction score
After reading a few stories of forks being mangled on the Gen 4 due to the design of the Clip ons. So I am going to replace the OE set, but i really like the OEM position, height etc. And as i still use the bike on the road i would like to retain that position.

Alpha racing advertise theirs as having a similar offset to OEM but does anyone know if the height can be the same as well?

Any other options out there as well?

Cheers.

alpha Racing Clip-ons

I have the alpha Racing Clip-ons fitted on my Gen 4. The position is similar to that of the OEM handlebars in terms of height, but unsurprisingly they offer you a much better range of adjustability. If you do fit a set I would recommend fitting an alpha Racing Clutch Cable (2152B001A01) as it is slightly longer than the OEM one. This helps when making adjustments to clip-on position as the OEM clutch cable length is restrictive. You will also need to buy a pair of fork yoke clamps to fit them. The alpha Racing and BMW ones are identical. Finally, do fit an alpha Racing Brake Lever Guard (3272B002A00) as the weighted bar ends which come supplied with it help reduce vibration. Whilst this is not an issue on track the noticeable reduction may be of benefit for road use.

I'm waiting on a set of alphas clip ons i bought some renthal ones but I wanted to get similar to the standard height. I have a bonamici yoke to fit aswel

I'll second getting the cable. I have pp tuning co. The clutch cable rubs the dash and nothing i can do about it. Have a bonamici cover on so I'm not worried but think it will eventually cut through the cable.

Re: alpha Racing Clip-ons

I have the alpha Racing Clip-ons fitted on my Gen 4. The position is similar to that of the OEM handlebars in terms of height, but unsurprisingly they offer you a much better range of adjustability. If you do fit a set I would recommend fitting an alpha Racing Clutch Cable (2152B001A01) as it is slightly longer than the OEM one. This helps when making adjustments to clip-on position as the OEM clutch cable length is restrictive. You will also need to buy a pair of fork yoke clamps to fit them. The alpha Racing and BMW ones are identical. Finally, do fit an alpha Racing Brake Lever Guard (3272B002A00) as the weighted bar ends which come supplied with it help reduce vibration. Whilst this is not an issue on track the noticeable reduction may be of benefit for road use.

Thanks buddy, awesome answers. Looks like i am going to be doing a bit more shopping on the Alpha site.

And interesting to hear about the weighted brake lever guard, i do have one already but it is a Gen 3 Gilles that i managed to adapt on for the Gen 4. But I know when i had Renthals on my Gen 3 it doesn't fit. So i am prepared to buy a new one.

KFM do the yoke caps cheapest. However with shipping it pays to get a few parts through them.
KFMBMWRight & LeftTop Yoke Bridge Plates?55.002?110.00

I'll probably order everything from Alpha. I saw Reactive parts were selling them as well but they are pricey!

Damn those PP looked ideal but i ordered from Alpha. Now i need to find some bar end weights that stay put. I tend hang my hand very close to the end of the bar when cornering, on my gen 3, first time out on track and the thing flew off. Not ideal, so i ran the plastic bungs but obviously the vibration is horrid on the road.

I was about to say on track no bar ends.
Check out Oberon HBE's. Oli and I have used them in clipons.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I was about to say on track no bar ends.
Check out Oberon HBE's. Oli and I have used them in clipons.

I had the Oberon items after reading Oli's post. They are now somewhere at Brandshatch haha. Do you think it would be best to just remove them when i go on track? After all it is only 1 side.

I swapped them for lever guards at the track. As brake lever guards are now mandatory...

Pp tuning guards need to fit in the tube.

I always keep the brake lever guard on, even on the road. Been running one since i got into TDs and after i had a close call both on track, however it was on the road i finally thought it would be a good idea. (someone didn't think bikes should filter)

Maybe i should just get a clutch guard as well. Yep going to look a bit racer wannabe but at least it should stay put, they are weighted to a certain degree and i do not have to faff about swapping parts.

Back