Gym Gear

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its finding the time I think...after a 12 hour day at work last thing I want to be doing is pumping some weights. But I remember my gym days when I was younger...first 2 weeks were hell weeks... I couldn't even take my t shirt off or open doors lol
But once you get the bug and start to see results and body transformations your hooked.
Great home set up Stuart....looking forward to seeing some Mr Olympia style posed bicep pics soon! lol

I've only just started going past 2 years properly, 6 times a week on average... I've had a membership for 4 years + though haha, I was always very anxious of being laughed at being the smallest person there or doing things wrong, But quickly got out of that mentality when as you say, The body changes. For me it's when you finish at the gym and just feel good about it (Most days) like you're progressing yourself. For myself I've gained a considerable amount of weight and look different from what I used too in pictures I've taken along the way, Not that when I look at myself I don't see much change but I see myself everyday haha.
Just can't wait till all gyms open up again, See everyone there I know again and get back into it cause for now...Motivation is low as it's bloody freezing, Driving to mums to use garage which is dark and very cold and not fun as it's only me there, But still go just for the feeling afterwards.
Went from 74kg classed as "Skinny fat" I would call myself back then, to 85kg currently. But did get up to 92kg ish at heaviest :p

Last edited:
I have enjoyed training at home however my strength had gone down massively due to only just being able to get myself setup in the garage. I was lucky in that during the tail end of the first lockdown I ordered a next gen wattbike atom which arrived in October so I have been able to keep up consistent cycling.

I am massively into MTB so havnt been training for pure strength for a while now. Even so I was pretty disappointed with my numbers at first. I am not being to hard on myself now though goals have changed and it will come back eventually. I am just greatfull to be moving again. I was surprised just how much I benefited from training in terms of wellbeing until I couldn't go to the gym anymore.

On the plus side because of the wattbike this is probably the fittest I have been over the winter, ever. With any luck that means I am starting off this season in a good spot which will make holding onto both bikes a little easier.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yay fellow Wattbiker.
I didn't get the updated version. They launched that 2months after I got mine.

Am on Zwift...finally had a go at Alpe du Zwift last night...f*** me

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Zwift is good, I enjoy it. There are some really basic things about the user interface though that are super annoying and hard to believe they havnt fixed but hey ho. I think it's good though and you can pause membership any time which is a bonus.

I havnt tried alpe du zwift but if it's anything like Ventoux then I feel your pain. It just goes on, and on.

Yay fellow Wattbiker.
I didn't get the updated version. They launched that 2months after I got mine.

Am on Zwift...finally had a go at Alpe du Zwift last night...f*** me

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
How are you finding the wattbike? The wife and I both use ours and we love it. I liked the fact that apart front he bike you are not tied into any other proprietary technology.

I have noticed though since Zwift updated recently with steering support for the Wahoo kicker bike that although steering will connect with the wattbike it makes it very glitchy. I noticed that my cadence wasn't being read properly at random and gear changes were really laggy. If it turn off the steering it goes away. Weird.

How are you finding the wattbike? The wife and I both use ours and we love it. I liked the fact that apart front he bike you are not tied into any other proprietary technology.

I have noticed though since Zwift updated recently with steering support for the Wahoo kicker bike that although steering will connect with the wattbike it makes it very glitchy. I noticed that my cadence wasn't being read properly at random and gear changes were really laggy. If it turn off the steering it goes away. Weird.

When I got mine I stuck to the Wattbike Hub, I find that better for actual workouts. But the Zwift environment is more fun once you get into it. I just wish there were more options of where to ride, the French routes are really nice but seem to be unavailable most of the time.

Oh god the steering update, nearly had me quit. I couldn't see anyone else. Totally on my own for 3 TDZ events. Turns out it was because I was disabling the broken steering on the initial pairing screen and not leaving it alone. People are still complaining their team/others can't see them but as long as you leave the buttons alone (to avoid going round in circles) it does seem to work. Also if you unpair once riding it seems ok. Stupid update, badly conceived, both companies have been rubbish at communication over it. Had to scream at them on Twitter to get any help.

But, when it works its great and I think the Wattbike is an incredible tool. Give us a follow if you like, look for "Holdroyd". My other half is finding it hard to get comfortable on it. We have to swap seats which is a pain.

BTW I have updated to beta firmware on Wattbike Hub and now on to a new stable release. Do make sure yours is up to date. I'm using a iPad Air 3. If you're on a laptop then it seems many say to use ANT+ instead of Bluetooth.

When I got mine I stuck to the Wattbike Hub, I find that better for actual workouts. But the Zwift environment is more fun once you get into it. I just wish there were more options of where to ride, the French routes are really nice but seem to be unavailable most of the time.

Oh god the steering update, nearly had me quit. I couldn't see anyone else. Totally on my own for 3 TDZ events. Turns out it was because I was disabling the broken steering on the initial pairing screen and not leaving it alone. People are still complaining their team/others can't see them but as long as you leave the buttons alone (to avoid going round in circles) it does seem to work. Also if you unpair once riding it seems ok. Stupid update, badly conceived, both companies have been rubbish at communication over it. Had to scream at them on Twitter to get any help.

But, when it works its great and I think the Wattbike is an incredible tool. Give us a follow if you like, look for "Holdroyd". My other half is finding it hard to get comfortable on it. We have to swap seats which is a pain.

BTW I have updated to beta firmware on Wattbike Hub and now on to a new stable release. Do make sure yours is up to date. I'm using a iPad Air 3. If you're on a laptop then it seems many say to use ANT+ instead of Bluetooth.
Legend, cheers for the info. I was loosing my rag with it this morning. I had no one else on the map and the bike wasn't connecting properly.

I have updated my bike with the beta firmware and will remember to disconnect the steering in game, I had been doing it at sign in which is probably why I was having so many issues. Hooefully they fix it soon.

Back