Gym Gear

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
I'm that fed up not getting to the gym and see this continuing in whatever capacity I'm up for a getting a decent weight bench, bar, plates, some kettles etc.. my youngest wants a spin bike... think I'll kit out one of my spare rooms.. not going to the expense of a Peleton or whatever, any recs for a decent spin bike lads.. probably go 500/600 for one..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I have a bench/lat pull/110kg weights (iron), adjustable dbs, ez bar and a preacher curl which I'm selling, isn't a spin bike but selling for ?800

Wattbike Atom is the bike to have IMO. But they are now ?1800. I got the slightly cheaper previous generation. It's an investment but ?/m I'm paying for it over time and not paying a gym ;)

Prefer the treadmill myself (I started riding motorbikes 'cos I was sick of cycling everywhere!). Bought a Reebok GT40S at the end of 2019 because work demand meant I wasn't getting time to go to the gym. As you can imagine, that decision turned out to be the best one for 2020! :biggrin-new: Cost ?400 at the time and has paid for itself with cancelled gym membership

There is NO WAY you're nearly as heavy as me. You been on the 'roids?! Or did you get married!? LOL

Well....198lbs ^_^, Was at 210lbs at heaviest lol

No marriage, More important things (Bike) to be saving for ;)
Lots of eating and gymnasium haha

Wattbike Atom is the bike to have IMO. But they are now ?1800. I got the slightly cheaper previous generation. It's an investment but ?/m I'm paying for it over time and not paying a gym ;)
They look the business them, had a swaatch the other day online !... don't want to go that much and was hoping to kit out the room for under 2 grand... I'm 70 pm for my gym and do 5/6 Cardio/Boxing classes pw..

I have a bench/lat pull/110kg weights (iron), adjustable dbs, ez bar and a preacher curl which I'm selling, isn't a spin bike but selling for ?800

I'd be interested in that gear Ben but it's getting to it with this lockdown, in the meantime I've put my list to a local gym supply company in Clydebank..I'll wait see how they price up, they supply the D-Unit which is my gym so the kit will be top class gear..

I'd be interested in that gear Ben but it's getting to it with this lockdown, in the meantime I've put my list to a local gym supply company in Clydebank..I'll wait see how they price up, they supply the D-Unit which is my gym so the kit will be top class gear..

Yeah very true, also from Scotland to London would probably cost near enough the price for it haha!
Second time I've had to buy stuff after they closed gyms again.. Have so much spare weights around I gotta flog

I've been scouring the web, get them listed up you'll sell them no bother, wait for an EB ?1 deal. 10/15 and 20 kilo plates are often sold out, same as Olympic and EZ bars.. folk are catching on, anything that is available the prices are well ramped from last year..same with popular spin bikes..either none in stock or you need to go up in price...Brexit, Covid supply chains are fucked..

Yeah got lots of 20s/10s/5s and under my understanding they sell for around ?4 per kilo roughly currently, have no need for the whole set as using another set till lockdown is over and gyms reopen... For the 3rd time

Success, managed to secure a brand new real good quality Bench, picking it up tomorrow from a Glasgow gym...

The service ive had from two big suppliers, one locally and another down South has been nothing short of appalling, was left hanging for around 10 minutes on a live chat earlier thinking the guy was away to check their catalogue numbers I provided only to see "Steve has left the chat" pop up..raging I dialled in again to be told by James they had the kit in stock but lead times were 3.5 weeks for delivery...****** g jokers...

Name and shame..**** it.. Power House Fitness, Clydebank and tonight's sham and waste of time... Fitness Superstore

Last edited:
Ordered 150kg set of Mirafit Plates and EZ Bar.

Should arrive Friday/Sat.. Secured a decent bike, get that tomorrow..

Bench is ideal, had to bring it in parts !
72378ad058980c09feca72561c1dd138.jpg
5857ef76f06dd60f0f876dffef0af8a5.jpg
3c61947b85b8c62b6e54c0748726a448.jpg

Cheers Felix, nice set, they use bonded crushed rubber, ideal for protection for the flooring.

Back