Current or last book read

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Seen this on another forum and thought it interesting to see who's reading what.. I'm 7 chapters in to this, heavy going at the start but getting close to the real reason I bought it....The Manhattan Project
1c6c1b60c83ef402046c125e021ad4c7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Not a big reader - I've not finished half the books I've started of late, including the bike related stuff.
This is the last thing I read cover to cover and even then it's not a novel.
It was recommended by my, then, Director to provoke thought about how to structure work to make even the mundane roles feel valuable.

Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 12.26.40.jpg

I'm struggling with reading material at present, I've started a number of books and have yet to finish them.

A Promised Land - Barack Obama its a BIG volume, about 3 chapters in so far.
The Crowd and the Cosmos - Adventures in the Zooniverse - Chris Lintott
Go Set a Watchman - Harper Lee - passed away last year, she only wrote one other book, To Kill a Mocking Bird which was made into a black and white movie staring Gregory Peck - I studied the book for O Level English

Have any of you read any of the "Leanings" books by Peter Egan? Wonderful writer for Cycle magazine in the US - he's a wonderful writer who loves Ducatis, Triumphs and British Sports Cars of the 70-00's. Get a copy, you won't be disappointed

I'm struggling with reading material at present, I've started a number of books and have yet to finish them.

A Promised Land - Barack Obama its a BIG volume, about 3 chapters in so far.
The Crowd and the Cosmos - Adventures in the Zooniverse - Chris Lintott
Go Set a Watchman - Harper Lee - passed away last year, she only wrote one other book, To Kill a Mocking Bird which was made into a black and white movie staring Gregory Peck - I studied the book for O Level English

Have any of you read any of the "Leanings" books by Peter Egan? Wonderful writer for Cycle magazine in the US - he's a wonderful writer who loves Ducatis, Triumphs and British Sports Cars of the 70-00's. Get a copy, you won't be disappointed
Obama was spot on as a leader and an amazing personality..

Obama was spot on as a leader and an amazing personality..

watch farenheit 11/9 and the bit about Flint Michigan and let me know if your opinion on him changes at all.

Michael Moore?...Seen it years ago, can't recall anything particular.. I'll jump on to YT ...

just seen what you done there.. 11/9 !.. never knew it existed lol..I'll have to watch that now.

Last edited:
Is there anything good about Flint Michelin anyhow lol.. other than you can pick up a row of houses for 30 Bob!

I just paid !... anyhow pass a glass of that special Flint Water please !... bit of a cop out from Obama..

The last book I read cover to cover is something called "The Intelligence Trap" by David Robson - very interesting from a self-reflecting perspective (for me anyway). He's got a good style of writing, almost conversational, which makes it easy to read although its fairly dry and statistics based to begin with. I learned a lot from this.

I'm current reading "The Dreaming Void" by Peter F Hamiltion - which is a sci-fi book, but a bit laborious compared to his earlier stuff. The early works grip you from the start, this one has only just got interesting and I'm 2/3rds the way through.

Back