Almeria 20th Feb

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally, I don't do mass hysteria !

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yeah you do.

Posting pictures of your arse in those leathers all over the place. What reaction did you expect?

edited to add ;)

Last edited:
FE being very proactive which is good to see,but i dont get how people will be able to leave the UK? pretty sure a trackday isn't a valid reason to travel abroad?

FE being very proactive which is good to see,but i dont get how people will be able to leave the UK? pretty sure a trackday isn't a valid reason to travel abroad?

depends how you frame the reason. you can leave uk by flying out as usual

I'm actually running ahead of train here. Someone is flying out to Spain today but apparently its not that easy as initially thought
On a second attempt someone managed to exit the UK, but that is quite involved and not available for mortals like me. So EU days are off.

Just today got ?300 refund from Ryanair for flight to Jerez that THEY cancelled in May 2020. Real pain to get money back from this company.

1. They make website refund option really difficult to find below rebooking and voucher options
- requested refund in May 2020
- get email saying it will take up to 6 weeks to get refund
- then get email offering a credit note (didn't request this and didn't click link to accept it)

2. Make additional request for refund on website
- then get email saying they would extend validity of credit note (that was never requested) - this email has a link to request (again) refund

3. Finally get refund 9 months after flight cancelled. Note that law says refund due within 2 weeks of cancellation

My advice to anybody booking trackday or holiday flight this year when plans may change is to avoid Ryanair.

I had good expeience with EasyJet who provided refunds last year promptly.

Ryanair are probably the worst company out there for refunds, not me personally but I know my parents have had a hell of a lot of issues with that company over the years in regards to refunds, cant go wrong wirh easyjet or British Airways IMHO.

Ryanair are probably the worst company out there for refunds, not me personally but I know my parents have had a hell of a lot of issues with that company over the years in regards to refunds, cant go wrong wirh easyjet or British Airways IMHO.

Yes, agree. One of my cancelled Spain flight's last year was with BA and refund was prompt.

Just today got ?300 refund from Ryanair for flight to Jerez that THEY cancelled in May 2020. Real pain to get money back from this company.

1. They make website refund option really difficult to find below rebooking and voucher options
- requested refund in May 2020
- get email saying it will take up to 6 weeks to get refund
- then get email offering a credit note (didn't request this and didn't click link to accept it)

2. Make additional request for refund on website
- then get email saying they would extend validity of credit note (that was never requested) - this email has a link to request (again) refund

3. Finally get refund 9 months after flight cancelled. Note that law says refund due within 2 weeks of cancellation

My advice to anybody booking trackday or holiday flight this year when plans may change is to avoid Ryanair.

I had good expeience with EasyJet who provided refunds last year promptly.

Sounds like an interest claim to me

Yes, potentially. I was on the point of taking them to the small claims court to get the refund where I would have added interest.

I wouldn't have waited 9 months. If they didn't refund you after 6 weeks I would have put in a claim then. I would rather walk then get on a Ryanair flight, they treat customers as an inconvenience once money has been taken.

I agree. I avoid Ryaniar if possible. Looking at the interest allowed by the court that would have been an extra ?18. All a question of how much effort the small claims is. I've used it sucessfully several times with airlines in the past. I knew they would pay up in the end, but they are taking the p*** with the time taken compared to other airlines.

Last edited:
tbh i've been the opposite,had to get refunds for 3 flights last yr from easyjet and took 3 months,but the 2 r/air flights i cancelled took 4 weeks max.it's a bit of a lottery i guess,had 2 flights from jet2 refunded promptly though

Back