Almeria 20th Feb

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me, Jet 2

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

They wont let you board without a negative pcr test Fit to Fly document, nhs tests are explicitly not accepted as I have explained before (and the government websites also say the same). We used the jet2 recommended lab and never got our results, so I have applied for a refund of the tests via my credit card, and couldn?t take the flights. A few others we know have had the same problem with the lab jet2 have a ?deal? with because they do it cheaper than anywhere else so I expect they?ve not been able to keep up with demand. So if you do go I would recommend getting tested locally by a pharmacy/clinic.

Boots the Chemist do tests for travel, but they cost ?120.

Seriously though, I would not be wanting to do an overseas track day at the moment. Insurance may be invalidated due to FCO advice, plus whether or not you have insurance, hospitals are likely to be full right now if you had an off.

Depends how bad you want to ride a bike.. right now it's baaad !... that said if this lockdown extends which is looking highly likely I can't then get my bike to nearest pick up which is Knutsford...

Boots the Chemist do tests for travel, but they cost ?120.

Seriously though, I would not be wanting to do an overseas track day at the moment. Insurance may be invalidated due to FCO advice, plus whether or not you have insurance, hospitals are likely to be full right now if you had an off.
Insurance has been void pretty much since May.

You have to buy coverage from European provider, such as RBG sport. NL and FE accept them. Alternatively, many circuits organize insurance on spot too.

The biggest challenge to trackdays is availability of flights at the moment... Rest are minor issues that can be solved if there is desire.

Cheers BBB.. the deal is finally off as of today ! Unsurprised [emoji85]
806f0121e08cfe7bda3e6aeb9fa5a83b.jpg

Sympathise with those who booked and now have been cancelled, but I am firmly in the ?who in their right mind would want to fly anywhere? camp, not just to ride a bike, for anything. Risk far outweighs the need.
My opinion only of course everyone is free to do what they want or disagree.

Daz

Me .... dunno bout the camping bit, thats taking things to a whole new low..ha

Whats happening on TV or daily fail is completely orthogonal to whats happening in real life.

So I fully support you here. I would be out at Jerez tomorrow, if only I can fly

Last edited:
Back