Almeria 20th Feb

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
I really don't see this going ahead, emailed them asking for their opinion as it's guess work right now.

Their reply is watch this space... any views on this ?

I'd be expecting dispatch papers next week.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Good luck with that. I can?t see anyone going anywhere until Easter at the earliest. If anything they are going to lockdown harder for longer.

And you?ll need a covid test to fly. We were supposed to go to the Canaries in December and I am still waiting for the test results back, so don?t think it?s straight forward to get one sorted within 72 hours of departure (Nhs test is not accepted).

Good luck with that. I can?t see anyone going anywhere until Easter at the earliest. If anything they are going to lockdown harder for longer.

And you?ll need a covid test to fly. We were supposed to go to the Canaries in December and I am still waiting for the test results back, so don?t think it?s straight forward to get one sorted within 72 hours of departure (Nhs test is not accepted).
NHS test is accepted btw

Why is the NHS not accepted

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Because your decision to travel isn?t mandatory so why would the nhs (taxpayer) cover your costs to have a test you need for a jolly? Also as I have posted, fit to fly certificates require a lot more information than a simple yes/no text from the nhs, because the country you are flying to requires it (if you need a negative test to get in).

Makes me laugh when I see the holiday ads saying flights from ?20 each way. They dont tell you that if you are flying somewhere that requires a neg test (pretty much everywhere) you also will need to pay circa ?100 pp for a private covid test, and if you get your results back within the 72 hour window you can go.

Last edited:
Testing

You might want to read the travel advice hyperlinked above as the rules regarding international travel have just changed. Note all inbound travellers will also be required to have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to returning to the UK.

Im due to be in Aragon end of March, not holding out much hope.
We've recently had a private enterprise offering tests here on the island for ?85.
Results in 15 mins. Also do tests to tell if you've had it and got any anti bodies. Ill definitely be booking a test if they cover travel.

Re: Testing

You might want to read the travel advice hyperlinked above as the rules regarding international travel have just changed. Note all inbound travellers will also be required to have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to returning to the UK.
Yes, it's a new requirement. Testing is much more widespread in Europe and doesn't cost shite moneys. In fact, some TDO can organize doctors to come to the circuit and do it for 50 euros or so.

Testing

PCR testing capacity across Europe as a whole is pretty good at the moment.

Because your decision to travel isn?t mandatory so why would the nhs (taxpayer) cover your costs to have a test you need for a jolly? Also as I have posted, fit to fly certificates require a lot more information than a simple yes/no text from the nhs, because the country you are flying to requires it (if you need a negative test to get in).

Makes me laugh when I see the holiday ads saying flights from ?20 each way. They dont tell you that if you are flying somewhere that requires a neg test (pretty much everywhere) you also will need to pay circa ?100 pp for a private covid test, and if you get your results back within the 72 hour window you can go.
There is no law saying you can't do it.

It's cheaper to a tax payer than paying $100k to fix a broken arm or leg after a jolly at the UK trackday.

Back