Standard front caliper piston size

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biker

Reaction score
Hi all :)

Does anyone know what dimensions the stock front caliper pistons are (2009-2018).

I'm getting pretty sick of mine locking up in winter so was looking at trying out some titanium pistons to see if that helps ;)

To be honest, it?s not corrosion on the pistons that seize the calipers, it?s corrosion in the grooves the seals sit in that seize them. It forces the seals against the pistons.

But But But... Titanium pistons!!!!

;)

Ok cool... when I eventually get some downtime I will strip them and give them a clean :)

Thanks Alex :tears_of_joy:

34mm...

Was thinking of maybe upgrading the MC too (lurking in the VRC thread awaiting more details :Banane19:)...

Last edited:
I emailed a UK firm that me M4 Brembo Ti pistons yesterday. They may be significantly cheaper than Alpha. Waiting hear back...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Seems to be a common problem whatever you do. Cleaned mine numerous times, eventually bought complete kit and fitted to spotless calipers. Within a couple of weeks the problem was back. I found that at cold they would bind, immediately after a ride they were free....

This is my experience as well, hence the incentive to try the titanium pistons... however... if the problem presents far more frequently when they are cold fitting titanium pistons might just make the problem worse!

How about those who have fitted the M4 / M50 calipers?

Same issue or problem solved?

Last edited:
I replaced with OE never had a problem before or after... pretty sure OE are mild steel not Alu

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I donno I'm a hooor for fancy.

Even the track pitbike has ti pistons.

I use OEM seals for everything tho.

I'll replace seals and clean calipers start of every season. That's first corner braking is essential :congratulatory:

Last edited:
I've done loads of after market seals without a hint of any bother..as long as the pots and pistons aren't fucked up aftermarket is fine.

I'll just go over the top to ensure there good.

New Ti tin coated pistons. Pre season rebuilds. Daily bleeding. Brembo pads/masters/fluid.

I have 4 packs of brembo front discs I can't wait to fit but I have to mount tires to new painted rims. Then new bearings and captive spacers then discs.

And of course Ti bolts for them

Captive spacers, dummy tits and sliced bread.. all in the life changing category.

What Calipers are the pistons for Cork ?.. are they "vented"

Back