Race/track Brake Fluid

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the SRF was specifically brilliant but short lived? Very hygroscopic?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Castrol SRF

I thought the SRF was specifically brilliant but short lived? Very hygroscopic?

I?ve never had an issue with it and I?ve been using it for years. That said I completely flush the system prior to the start of every season and routinely monitor the fluid throughout. My only complaint is that it?s expensive!

I guess <year would be fairly short lived in oem world.

Race/Track Brake Fluid

Indeed. I certainly wouldn?t use Castrol SRF on a road going bike as it would just be a waste of money.

Race/Track Brake Fluid

Each to their own but for me it?s peace of mind. Everyone has their own way of preparing a race or trackday bike. If I know I?m going to be doing 3 or 4 days straight on a European track in hot conditions then I will put fresh fluid in.

RBF660 here. Used it for a few years now and always been happy with how it performs. Definitely a marked improvement over the stock fluid. I'll change mine at the start of the track season and if i am lucky to do a fair few days on track i will change it again mid season. (I strangely enjoy bleeding brakes)

how are people doing a full flush with new fluid? with the ABS module installed you need to cycle the pump. few times to clear it out.

how are people doing a full flush with new fluid? with the ABS module installed you need to cycle the pump. few times to clear it out.

As far as I am aware (Someone else may chime in with more knowledge). You bleed the brakes no differently to a non-ABS system. The only time you'd cycle the pump is if you are starting with a completely dry system or have managed to get air trapped in there. To cycle the pump you will need a GS-911 tool. However if you managed to get a bit of air trapped in the system from a bleed you can take the bike out, put it in rain mode and brake hard a few times to cycle the pump, then go back home and bleed the brakes again.

Yeah. The trick is to not get air in as you flush it. 2 people make it faster.

I used in the past RBF 660 (very good, I have 700 but have not used it yet), Brembo HCT (very good) but THE BEST I HAVER EVER USED is Castrol SRF. The only downside is that I need to change it every year, which I do it anyway.

Back