Galespeed VRC master cylinder

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GavD101

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Galespeed master cylinders or have info/feedback? After my order for the Brembo xr01171 fell through and I?m not paying retail for one. I?m now after a cheaper alternative as I?ve got to pay retail ?
The Galespeed VRC seems to have some great reviews on a few American forums. Japanese brand which should mean good quality and most likely great reliability.
Or should I keep to what is tried and tested like the RCS19.

I?ve recently gone for the Galespeed VRE and it?s a great piece of kit
3704edfa4962182fd8a5a46546e12597.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?ve recently gone for the Galespeed VRE and it?s a great piece of kit
3704edfa4962182fd8a5a46546e12597.jpg

Looks amazing! Is that their machined item? Think they do a cheaper forged too? Have you used this on track?

@Alex funny I was actually looking at these the other day as I?ve seen them being mentioned more a fair bit. They look quality as well for the price as well.

Yeah the VRE is the billet version haven?t used it on track yet

http://www.acv.co.jp/galespeed_en/01_master_ratio_d.html

Pretty cool master cylinder to caliper sizing calculator.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Great little tool. I think the Hayes pistons are 32OD right? Which means according to the chart I can get either a 17 or 19? I?m not too clued up on the effects of the different number but I don?t really like that on off feeling.

It also seems Galespeed are not being imported into the U.K.? Might stick to Brembo or Accossato due to parts being more readily available.

basically lower number means smaller piston in the m/c,which ultimatley means more force/movement is needed to move the caliper pistons, more feeling+progression as oppsed to the higher number which needs less force,so easier to get full brake pressure,but less feeling/progression.

people need to realise that the lever pivot point plays a big part also.

Thanks guys, as always good information and I think i know whats what now.

Next is to choose a brand, i don't think i can really go wrong with Brembo, Accossato and Galespeed. If spares are readily available i'd like the Galespeed.

Am i correct in thinking the Gen 4 doesn't require a micro switch for the brake light?

Ended up with the Galespeed MC from Performance Parts. ?211 and free delivery. Thought that was a really good price especially if performance is on par with Brembo rcs19 or Accossato prs 2. I?ll let you know how I get on and add some install pics.

Couple of pics of the Galespeed MC. Got to say the quality is amazing, for a forged leaver it looks more like it was machined from billet. Also comes in a very fancy box, which the wife got excited about thinking it was for her haha

IMG-8174-scaled.jpg
IMG-8175-scaled.jpg

I will hopefully install it this weekend, just waiting on more brake fluid.

Is that a 20/18 switchable? Like the 19RCS?

Good value if it works.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes it is. You have 8 positions on it, so increments of 0.25mm.

I hope it makes a noticeable improvement. Anything has to be better than stock tbh. But from what i have read, most users feel it is better than the RCS.

Definitely! I think more so than the RCS? It also comes with two different diameter connectors for the oil reservoir pipe. 6mm is fitted stock but also comes with an 8mm as well. (Which i believe the BMW uses)

Brake line is underneath. Similar to position to OEM MC. While on top the middle one is for the reservoir and the left is the bleed nipple.

Back