Sky Discovery +

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Anyone tried signing up to this, it's a nightmare.. I've tried on 3 separate occasions and ended up going round in circles and back here twice today.

If your a Sky Q subscriber it's free for 12 mts.. which is useless if you can't access the "channel"

Going by the number of online complaints I'm not alone..total shambles.
3ec7c56e707f156cd811c9306dd5130b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I know this is off topic...But wondering what deal you have.

I'm currently paying ?45 a month solely for internet, I've heard people are getting internet + Sky Q for cheaper 'o_O

Last edited:
I've been a Sky subscriber since BSB days with a break in 93 when we went ROTW for 7 months... I was paying fortunes to them as in 130 odd pm plus BB, typical me I never look at these things and they just come out my account.

Then when Covid kicked in I called them and told them they were getting nothing for 3 months !.. but I wanted all my channels and a big reduction when the payments restarted... surprisingly they agreed, my payments restarted in July.. I pay ?73.00 and have everything I had before. Get on the phone to them..

I've BT sports @ 36.00 pm as I wanted the footie and Bike stuff.

So 73 quid plus my BT Sports.

Skys packages are confusing as hell..
420cf5b5b117c45770057ad396f07fda.jpg
71dc45978ecd8e984df0f99a886dd91e.jpg
7df6d213d205ba4126030da9b25190a1.jpg

Last edited:
I've been a Sky subscriber since BSB days with a break in 93 when we went ROTW for 7 months... I was paying fortunes to them as in 130 odd pm plus BB, typical me I never look at these things and they just come out my account.

Then when Covid kicked in I called them and told them they were getting nothing for 3 months !.. but I wanted all my channels and a big reduction when the payments restarted... surprisingly they agreed, my payments restarted in July.. I pay ?73.00 and have everything I had before. Get on the phone to them..

I've BT sports @ 36.00 pm as I wanted the footie and Bike stuff.

So 73 quid plus my BT Sports.

Skys packages are confusing as hell..
420cf5b5b117c45770057ad396f07fda.jpg
71dc45978ecd8e984df0f99a886dd91e.jpg
7df6d213d205ba4126030da9b25190a1.jpg

I'm confused just looking at that!

Cheers Stu

I pay more than that and I dont use their broadband but do have the family package.

Did they freeze your sports subscription during lockdown 1?

I pay more than that and I dont use their broadband but do have the family package.

Did they freeze your sports subscription during lockdown 1?
They froze everything for 3 months and rebated the payment I had just made...

I was totally brutal with them and told them it wasn't going back to anything like I was paying and my package was staying the same..they agreed.. about time in my eyes.

They froze everything for 3 months and rebated the payment I had just made...

I was totally brutal with them and told them it wasn't going back to anything like I was paying and my package was staying the same..they agreed.. about time in my eyes.

Yes I played that card last year lol. It worked but has put me into a minimum fixed term on the packages which is annoying!

StaurtB,

I had the same thing.... eventually sorted it. From memory there?s a drop down menu that looks populated but isn?t in reality (from memory). I just put random stuff in there and it registered.

J

Play the I'm going to virgin for internet and tv and watch them squirm...u always get a better deal....

A few years ago my Sky box failed. I contacted them to let them know and they told me that would have to pay for a new one. Can?t remember the price bit I think they wanted ?300 or so?
Anyway my son told me to get back to Sky and tell them a sob story and ask them to take out all the Sky stuff.
They rang me back and said that as I was a good customer they would install a new dish, add extra wiring and give me the latest Sky box......all for free!
So it does pay, rather than just roll over and let them take even more money from you.

Back