Worst biking moments

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thiose 550's were awesome, when you could get them started

Yeah had 3, The one on video was my first, Best one I had. (started first time everytime)
2nd one had issue after issue
3rd one the stator blew up and killed the whole engine

A spam bot picked on this thread...deleted their posts but it was a good question, what have been your worst biking moments...

Deciding it was a nice day and that I'd go for a ride at lunchtime... Instead of a bacon butty I got this....

Even more fun, this was only taken a few weeks ago. The lower fracture hasn't healed, need more surgery to correct...

Attachments

• xRay.JPG
    xRay.JPG
    224.6 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I wanted to get this off my chest as I was traumatised by it.....

I met a good friend of mine at a Triumph dealership nearby, we arranged to meet there as his Scrambler was being serviced and we were going out for a ride afterwards for a spot of lunch together. I was on my Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled.

A 60+ age customer there was being taken through the controls and menus on a brand spanking new Triumph Rocket III out on the forecourt. I walked over to him to ask if he was test riding it or had bought it and offered to take pictures of him on it on his phone as it probably will never be that clean again - nope, he'd done that already. He'd just bought it and was about to ride it home. His wife had brought him in the car and he was wearing a denim shirt, trousers and thin footballer type AlpineStars gloves and ankle high, light leather boots. It was December, damp roads and about 10C and I remember Wales were getting beaten by the USA(? - I don't do football) on the TV inside.

I just said to him that the roads were tricky and a bit slippy and as his tyres were brand new, to be a little careful. "Don't worry" he said "I've just come from a Gixxer Thou"....

I knew something wasn't going to go that well when he struggled with the D ring strap on his full face Bell helmet when putting it on. He snapped at his meek little wife as she tried to help him do up the D ring strap.

He got on the bike, it was roughly facing the way he needed to leave, there was a shallow angled fence about 5m in front of him which he needed to turn slightly to the right to avoid. He clicked it into gear and had his left leg on the ground. Now remember there was a fence on his left he needed to avoid. Now you and I would have transferred our weight to the right foot and put that down and lifted our left leg, that way we could just push off gently from the right and have the bike leaning slightly to the right to avoid the fence.

He accelerated away gently, realised he wasn't going to be able to manoeuvre the bike easily to the right, tried to put his left foot down with slippery soles, jammed the front brake on, came to a sudden stop and not having his slipping left foot down properly, the bike slowly toppled onto its left side and on top of his left leg.

So I'm not the type of guy who stands there and pisses himself laughing at someone else's misfortune, especially if it involves a bike!

So we all rushed over and got the bike and him upright, just his pride is hurt, but the bike has road rash all on the shiny chrome bits.

He is absolutely apoplectic! According to his raised voice the road surface he found himself on was too slippy! Demanding that the affected scratched parts are replaced and storms off into the car and disappears up the road with his wife.

I was traumatised by the whole thing, even the next day!

Truth is, he was a complete $%&^?$! His cocksure attitude and clothing were completely inappropriate for the conditions both for weather protection and safety (I have kevlar denim jeans and jacket and his didn't show any protection beneath). Couldn't even put his crash helmet on by himself, as for being an ex Gixxer thou rider, the Defence rests its case M'Lud!

Those rockets are a nightmare for handling tbf. My mate has one of the new ones, I guess its a 3, all blacked out looks the biz, but trying to change direction, holy crap, the words titanic and iceberg come to mind lol.

Back