Winter Maintenance - battery leads and paint

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you could work out what the actual drain on your battery is (bike battery) you can then work out how long between charges on the leisure battery, takes a bit of working and quite a bit of time to find which circuit/system on the bike is taking power whilst it's sitting there though (tbh,it's not worth the hassle if connected up to a piggy back battery) but useful to know whats taking power whilst asleep after the alarm system etc , just in case theres a parasitic drain on it somewhere else that can be adressed+fixed.

Testing before there didn't seem to be much in the way of drain (the BMW is heavier drain). Mostly down to the bloody great twin cylinders! Always a problem with my old Aprilias, need a decent, fully charged battery and a proper (aftermarket) starter solenoid. They used to work on the principle that I got 3 attempts, if it didn't start on the 3rd, I'd have to jump start it! The KTM seems to be the same

Back